ysbreker

PS3 vs Wii apple commercial parody

Wii is such a whore. That is the main problem with both the Mac ads and this one, that I get to appreciate the guy that is being lampooned more than the guy who is supposed to be cool. My idea of cool is neither a snooty selfrighteous punk nor a stripper, apparently.

I'm with you on this one, Kingz. While I was convinced about Wii over PS3 a long time ago, this one just makes them both look like shit. Buy a PS3 and be bitched at and dominated (although that may be your thing... :innocent: ) or buy a Wii and get the clap. Also, the Mac users that they show in Mac ads are the reason Mac pisses me off. Perfectly fine machines/OS, but frustratingly hipper-than-thou users/zealots.

I was sort of repulsed by both, but ended up feeling sorry for the PS3 lady. I might not get either console (edit: I'm quite certain that I'm not getting a PS3), but that's neither here nor there. Maybe this was directed at the Xbox360 jocko/game-o crowd.

I'm pretty sure I won't get an PS3, XBox3600 or even a Wii.

But I'm considering to buy a Wii. But the main reason would be the ability to play old games and not the wiimote.

Just noticed something... wtf is xbox360 in that movie.

Wii is a stupid slut and Mac is a smug bastard. ;(

Every single mac ad and most mac users have made me want to buy one less and less. I don't have anything against macs; I am even considering gettting one. I'm just afraid that it will turn me into a fanboy whose every computer related conversation has to do with how cool macs are compared to pcs and how Microsoft has copied everything from Apple.

I'm so glad that Nintendo hasn't decided to use similar ad campaign.

If we're going the serious-evaluation route, I found the "I'm large and in charge" to be much more annoying than "I'm cute as a button", but like some of you say, it was a bit of lesser of two evils kinda thing.

I don't have anything against macs; I am even considering gettting one. I'm just afraid that it will turn me into a fanboy whose every computer related conversation has to do with how cool macs are compared to pcs and how Microsoft has copied everything from Apple.

Sadly, this seems to be the way of things with the FCP (Fruit Computer People); complete and unfaltering indoctrination into Jobsism. I know a *lot* of techy, designery types and not one of them passes up the chance to bang their Apple drum, given even the most obscure opportunity to do so...

It's quite scary to be honest.

And yes; that PS3/Wii spoof's total :cens0r: