Please don't make me watch an anime based on a card game. Thank you.

This is the series which brought up my thinking on the whole demoness trope, in the BGBS thread, I'm not sure if that helps or hinders

Sidenote: which was particularly frustrating because they seemingly deliberately contrast it with what is one of the least sexualised costumes I've seen on a lead female character for a while

P7jcpXT.jpg

Normal lady costume mXFWDoc.jpg sexy demon lady costume qKDbwDf.jpg

I know I see it and it's taunting the hell out of me. ):

I know I see it and it's taunting the hell out of me. ):

His name is.......

tumblr_nd0749KUk51rv6c48o1_500.gif

no no no noooo

hahah wait what that's his NAME

that's quite a name

Look just give in, I'm honestly as puzzled as the next guy as to how this turned out to as good as it has been so far, and perhaps by the end of the series it will undo every bit of good work it's done in the 1st five episodes.

My current theory is that a big budget, plus source material who's world building framework is already established without being too fleshed out or specific is actually kinda perfect for giving someone the opportunity to concentrate on having fun with the details.

All right I'll watch an episode once my pizza gets here...

All right I'll watch an episode once my pizza gets here...

Throw in a nice Italian or Spanish beer to wash it down and you're pretty much Golden.

If you get as far as the 2nd episode Keep your eyes peeled for just how well put together the little dance scene that crops up is, since i feel it is pretty damn good by pretty much any standard you want to hold it to.

(I may be re-watching a episode as I type, and picking up some extra little details I missed the 1st time)

Dang I could've sworn it was on Crunchyroll. D:

I'm-a do Yowapeda instead but I promise I'll check it out eventually...

After all, I never thought I'd like an MMO anime and Log Horizon is my favorite goddamn thing.

I just completed oyasumi punpun. Did anyone here read it? Overall it feels like a reaction to shonen/shojo directed media and forms, and its amazing.

I just completed oyasumi punpun. Did anyone here read it? Overall it feels like a reaction to shonen/shojo directed media and forms, and its amazing.

Not yet, it's the next on my list of manga/comics to read. My girlfriend has been bugging me for months to read it. She sais it's super depressing too.

It's definitely something that you need to take breaks in between chapters to appreciate properly/retain your sanity. It's a coming of age story with amazing attention to detail, in art, continuity, and writing of a specific time in a person's life to the point that I'm sure I've had thoughts prior to reading it that are verbatim written in the narration. Though I'm pretty young so its philosophical themes are probably way more affecting to me than someone who's already gone through their 20s.

Unusually specific request:

I'm thinking of upgrading my WDTV Live. Has anyone here used one, or a similar set-top box devices? I've used mine (a first generation model) for years, but it's always bugged me that it has problems with MKV and video files with concurrent subtitles, namely anime. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

If you watch Yowapeda and haven't been watching the post-credits scenes, well, you should be, because they're hilarious. The latest one is maybe my favorite so far. Actually the last two were a series and also really good. Ahhh it's so dumb I love it.

I'm thinking of upgrading my WDTV Live. Has anyone here used one, or a similar set-top box devices? I've used mine (a first generation model) for years, but it's always bugged me that it has problems with MKV and video files with concurrent subtitles, namely anime. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

sorry I have no idea ): just quoting to make sure it's on a new page

So I watched Cross Game and it was amazing. Now I'm watching Chihayafuru and it's amazing. Is sports anime generally amazing or am I just getting amazingly lucky?

I'm thinking of upgrading my WDTV Live. Has anyone here used one, or a similar set-top box devices? I've used mine (a first generation model) for years, but it's always bugged me that it has problems with MKV and video files with concurrent subtitles, namely anime. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

I have the problem with concurrent subs on both my Sony TV, & samsung set top box so sadly I think it might be fairly universal :(

So I watched Cross Game and it was amazing. Now I'm watching Chihayafuru and it's amazing. Is sports anime generally amazing or am I just getting amazingly lucky?

No, sports anime is generally amazing. XD

You should check out Ping Pong, Kuroko no Basket, Haikyuu! and Yowamushi Pedal.

Been re-watching Samurai Champloo and I had forgotten how good this show is as a group of misfits  who get into dramatic/comedic situations as they wonder round Japan constantly broke and hungry while dealing with shit from their past.

Also Space Dandy is probably the best anime and on when it wants to be one of the best sci-fi shows I have seen in years.

):<

):<

I can't tell which way to read your emoji, Twig. Is it an extremely unhappy man with just a heavy brow, or a mildly unhappy man with a very wrinkled brow?