Four episodes in and it's doing ok, they actually handle the video game stuff pretty decently, although I'm not sure how well making a plot point about chaining cooldowns would go with someone who's never played a MMO it got a solid 'yup I've done that' reaction from my brain.

The one thing I'm really curious about at the moment is: can the characters see the name of their attacks in this fictional game world?

Having watched the fun Kill La Kill has with that trope at times it would be cool (& actually true to the games they are referencing) if they do.

Speaking if which KLK had another great episode,

with a full scale Nudist attack, some nice moments for the side characters, and most importanty Ruyko and Satsuki having a proper all out brawl.

/sigh

Dammit Trigger! I thought you'd put that stuff behind you. This is why we can't have nice things!

I can't remember anything that has been so perfectly crafted one moment, and so utterly cringe worthy the next.

U:

I haven't watched it yet and now you got me all worried!

Sorry! I forgot about the whole time difference thing, watched it at lunchtime as my treat for a productive morning and then found myself feeling a little exasperated.

Sorry! I forgot about the whole time difference thing, watched it at lunchtime as my treat for a productive morning and then found myself feeling a little exasperated.

I know what you mean now! That was probably my favorite episode of KILL la KILL so far, except for thirty seconds that almost put me off the whole thing.

That was awkward. It actually didn't bother me, per se. I just uh don't really see the point. Oh well.

I've watched a few episodes of Space Dandy and I don't see why anybody would be upset by it, the intro pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the show... It's a parody of early Sci-fi anime, not Cowboy Bebop 2, although the ending of the first episode reminded me of the end of Cowbop Bebop.

Seriously, the "villains" of the show are so 80's it's hurts! I'm pretty sure they might never meet the villains until the final episode, if not at all.

I've watched a few episodes of Space Dandy and I don't see why anybody would be upset by it, the intro pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the show... It's a parody of early Sci-fi anime, not Cowboy Bebop 2, although the ending of the first episode reminded me of the end of Cowbop Bebop.

Seriously, the "villains" of the show are so 80's it's hurts! I'm pretty sure they might never meet the villains until the final episode, if not at all.

I don't think anyone's upset by it, disappointed maybe ...

The problem so far is it's a parody which is less funny than many the directors supposedly more serious work.

The zombie episode for instance reminded me a bit of the 'fridge' episode of Bebop which parodied the whole alien genre of horror, but dandy got far fewer laughs.

Although....... As I type this I'm Watching episode 5 atm during half time in Uk Super Bowl coverage and it's actually kinda a good episode, doing a far better job of mixing the absurdity and drama.

I'm upset by it. It's absolutely the most disappointing anime I've watched in a long time - although to be fair I rarely have expectations... - and, same problem I had with kill la kill to start, it focuses way too much on the sexy ladies. I'm just sick of that in my everything. I like sexy ladies, but not as a key element of every episode.

Boobies. Hey let's go to boobies. Hey yeah boobies.

Like, it definitely feels like they're trying to mock the titular character's obsession, but that mockery fails utterly when you get a dozen close up shots of tits and ass in tight clothing every episode.

I have not watched the latest episode(s?).

And worst if all, it fails to be funny most of the time, like codi said.

Like, it definitely feels like they're trying to mock the titular character's obsession, but that mockery fails utterly when you get a dozen close up shots of tits and ass in tight clothing every episode.

I'm not watching Space Dandy because... well, I don't know, but I'm a little comforted that another medium is having problems with the whole having-and-eating-cake thing when it comes to deconstructions of itself. Was Spec Ops: The Line more successful at what it's doing than Space Dandy is? Sure sounds like it.

I didn't much like the zombie ep of space dandy, but the most recent episode was lovely. Really enjoyed it. No T'n'A, just a nice story. Even the art looked a bit different in places. Maybe it was a guest director?

Also, I have a bunch of Crunchyroll Guest passes. First come first serve I guess:

R5LCCZWUFNU

UKHBH8GL5XL

44C7FEG6PFQ

The new season of Chuu2Koi is four episodes in and nothing's happened, nothing at all. I'd quit the show if I weren't already a third of the season in with nothing else to watch besides Shinryaku! Ika Musume.

It's telling to me how much relationships in all anime are, to quote my favorite (and only) blogger on the medium, "a perplexing celebration of celibacy and prudishness bordering on gynophobia," that the new threat to the so-called happiness Rikka and Yuuta found last season is Yuuta's childhood friend who hugs him on occasion. I wish I were kidding, but apparently a healthy relationship can't exist in Japan if either party has ever touched a different member of the opposite sex.

I didn't much like the zombie ep of space dandy, but the most recent episode was lovely. Really enjoyed it. No T'n'A, just a nice story. Even the art looked a bit different in places. Maybe it was a guest director?

grumble grumble guess i'll give it another shot, then

I think I'm in the middle of the Kill la Kill episode I think people starting whining about a while ago... And yeah... It's kinda messed up, but I couldn't help to find it hilarious... I'm not sure if it's weird of form of fanservice and trolling at a ridiculous level. This scene came out of nowhere... What?! It went from fanservice to practically hentai... 

The fact that it's Satsuki's mom doing it makes it a thousand times worse and what makes me think they are hopefully going for at least some shock value or trolling.

I think I'm in the middle of the Kill la Kill episode I think people starting whining about a while ago... And yeah... It's kinda messed up, but I couldn't help to find it hilarious... I'm not sure if it's weird of form of fanservice and trolling at a ridiculous level. This scene came out of nowhere... What?! It went from fanservice to practically hentai... 

The fact that it's Satsuki's mom doing it makes it a thousand times worse and what makes me think they are hopefully going for at least some shock value or trolling.

Either way, I'm sure it means that they can get extra sales when the 'uncensored' DVD edition comes out.

Which I don't think they'll do as I feel Trigger are not a company who operate like that.

I loved the 'flashback episode' at the beginning. Excellent. We laughed at the end.

I was going to talk about a recurring theme I noticed in the show, but after watching the rest of the episode, I guess it needs a spoiler tag.

I knew there was a reason was so "clothes-centric", killer clothes from outer space!

I'm wondering if the bath scene was some sort of misdirection, where they expected some people to pay more attention to the bath scene and sneak in some important clues, 

everybody is talking about the bath scene, but what about the mother's scars on her back? Did this ritual do anything to Satsuki?

Seriously, this scene is so out of place, I'm starting to get suspicious... Trigger might have been composed of ex-Gainax people, but from what I've seen from them they seem to be more into tongue in cheek comedy than fanservice.

I noticed that too about the mother. My theory is:

that she injected herself with the original thread clothing thing. I think that's what she did to Satsuki in the bath, making it moans of pain I guess?

That's what I was thinking... but wouldn't that make her die more quickly? And if Junketsu is real like fibers, while Senketsu only artificial and supposed to kill life fibers...

Doesn't this mean Satsuki is more likely to die from Junketsu than from anything else?

Maybe the mom inserted something into her as a sacrifice to Junkentsu to the life fibers.

Either way, things are not looking good for Satsuki.

I watched Inferno Cop a show from Trigger that... kinda explains the studio transition from Witch Academia to Kill la Kill? While I think Kill la Kill is making fun of some anime tropes in a subtle way, Inferno Cop is as subtle as a bazooka. It still plays itself straight in the sense that world doesn't acknowledge the craziness that's in it, but it's kinda like a "Bobobo" "Blamimation" is that makes sense to anybody.

Either way, I see a lot of Kill la Kill in the show, it much more subtle, but the sense of humor is there.

KLK stuff:

See, that's where i was confused, because I was under the impression that Senketsu didn't actually kill life fibres. It's the scissors that cuts the uniforms. I guess that's what he does when he absorbs them? I always assumed he absorbed them to make him stronger, not eat them or something.

Also, I'm guessing that living in a symbiosis state with the original life fiber will make her more compatible with her senketsu, as well as being able to form a senketsu whenever she wants.

And I think it means she's now only able to be killed by Junketsu, if that makes any sense. ryouko has never actually killed anyone, at least not yet. And it wouldn't make sense for her to want to kill Satsuki any more considering she didn't kill her father

Inferno Cop is brill, but I'm pretty sure it came before LWA. Not that it matters. I can't wait for LWA2. I wish they could have promised more considering the amount of money they got from the kickstarter. I'd love like a FLCL-esq series of OVA's.

Well, color me surprised. I found myself very much enjoying not only the latest episode of Space Dandy, but ALSO the zombie episode.

I'm also coming to appreciate Space Dandy's meandering plot progression* in much the same way I did Cowboy Bebop. Like, what was up with that chick in the ramen episode? They played her off like she was going to be important, and then she just... disappeared. I expected her to maybe be this series' Faye, but that didn't happen. Now there's this kid in this latest episode, and she's just kind of... gone. Will she be back next episode?

Also Dandy is a cool dude. 

*Then again, is there even a plot? There just seem to be some common characteristics in each episode (i.e., the three main characters, Boobies, and hunting for unregistered aliens (which when I phrase it like that makes me laugh at the possible confusion one might have at reading it out of context)), but the zombie episode, if it were "canon", so to speak, would've gravely affected every following episode. So, in that sense, too, I'm finding this show a little more attractive. It's more about the character development than it is the overarching plot. Like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. Except it's also a parody at the same time.

I'm happier with the series than I was before, that's for sure.

I'm not sure if Space Dandy has a plot, it's like whatever happens in one episode has no effect on the rest. 

I'm pretty sure he's died at least once already?

Why are the shows by the creators I like turning out to be so disappointing and crude (and not in a good way) right now? Kill la Kill and Space Dandy both don't seem like they will ever redeem themselves. So disappointing.

I'm expecting Kaiba in the mail at some point. I will probably marathon that when it comes in since I love just about everything Masaaki Yuasa has directed.