Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

high system requirements

I'm trying to test out my computer to see if it'll be able to squeek by running Oblivion. Can anyone recommend any demos for games that have pretty hefty system requirements?

Psychonauts, maybe? I guess it wasn't mega hefty on the requirements, but maybe if you cranked everything up all the way.

Sweet. I played the FEAR demo back when it came out, as well as Psychonauts cracked up (I can't remember if it was all the way though), so I'm hoping Oblivion will run. I just downloaded the demo for Ubersoldier that I'll try out tomorrow. Not that I think it'll be any good, but it has some decent requirements.

I'd say if you're capable of FEAR and other such fine-looking games at a decent level of detail, then you should be good for Oblivion if you turn the graphical quality down. Hell, you probably won't have to do much of that. Gorgeous as the game is, it can't be THAT far above what most people can run. Otherwise they'd just be completely fucking themselves over for casual consumers. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if you can run what you've already mentioned.

I can run Fear on my kit, but I reckon I will struggle to play oblivion I have more than enough RAM and CPU but I'm still using my Radeon 9700 (recommended is above Geforce 6800), which is 3 and half years old now.

Anyway it is probably for the best as I've got exams coming up and this game could end my life for a long time.

oh man, I'm totally out of the loop on cool upcoming titles :/ What is this oblivion you're talking about? ;(

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Give you some idea of what a big deal this is, The Elder Scrolls 3 was more commonly known as Morrowind. High quality, mind-bogglingly beautiful 1st person RPG. I'm actually not really looking forward to it. RPG's aren't really my thing. Still, this is a really high profile release for the 360 and PC.

Oblivion is the second game I've ever pre-ordered. The last one was Anarchy Online.

Hopefully Oblivion will be just as good. :frusty:

Gorgeous as the game is, it can't be THAT far above what most people can run. Otherwise they'd just be completely fucking themselves over for casual consumers.

Well, that's exactly what they did with Morrowind. Even at low settings it was slow on my computer. My computer wasn't high-end but it certainly wasn't any old crap.

Fair 'nuff. Never played Morrowind, so I'm really just talking out my ass here. Bethesda is a mystery to me.

I was going to upgrade the memory in my notebook to a gig, but my dad thought I should go all the way and upgrade to two gigs while I was at it, so I did. I can't wait, it's going to be awesome, though still not nearly as awesome as it would be if I were able to upgrade my graphics card. After this I'm definitely going to be holding of on Metroid for a while.