Spaff

Rockstar's Table Tennis

Should they use the same renderer for the next GTA... well, it'll be sweaty at least. Table tennis isn't really the sport that translates the best to games, as it's all about precision so I don't really know what to think.

If they're going to do something this out there (for them, anyway) I hope they're pretty sure of themselves. As such, it'll have to be good or they're fucked. Good luck to 'em, anyway.

The sad reality is that there are so many GTA fan-boys out there, that buy up anything R* make, it is almost guaranteed to hit top 10 sellers, world wide.

There will also be the whole novelty/curiosity factor.

It seems, to me, that the only way the game might capture the previously mentioned precision of table tennis is if it were done with the Revolution's controller. But who knows?

If they sell it in Asia, then I guarantee you it'll be huge in Korea. Maybe Hong Kong/China too. It might seem funny here in North America -- the kind of thing that drunken fratboys play -- but the sport is actually quite large. http://www.ittf.com/

I just hope that Forest Gump will be a hidden character :shifty:

Wat happened to that [WIKI]Grange Hill[/WIKI] game they were making?

I think it's a great move!

Right, so everyone was expecting R* to come out with some sort of violent "steet" game, and they've turned around and made something completely different! Isn't this what we've all wanted? A game thats fresh, innovative and relatively cheap to play?

Listening to the way Houser is talking about this game very much reminds me of how he talked about GTA when it was in development ... very passionately. I mean, the reason GTA is such an amazing series is that the boys at R* are genuinely enthusiastic about the subject matter. It seems that they're pretty passionate about table tennis too, so the same level of love will be put into this game ... I can only see that as being a good thing.

The other thing is that I'd really like to see more games like this. Spaff (seems) rather cynically when he says ...

Seems kinda ... erm.. odd but also the quickest game they could have developed. Design and render two players and a table and DONE.

... but I say it's kinda neat that they're taking a small concept and puting a well sized team on it. When the gameplay is simple there leaves alot of room for polishing ... yeah, that means fancy graphics, sound, etc, but it also means the gameplay will be very refined. I can only see this as a good thing, and a throwback to the old days, where games were simple but polished.

It's quite the anti-GTA game, don't you think?

SiN

Are you sure you won't be able to beat up your opponet? Maybe you carry a gun?:mock:

They been labelled for making violent games for so long that this sure comes as a shock...

I bet Jack Thompson will still want to ban it...:oldman:

Because you could out someone's eye if you hit 'em with the ball hard enough.

But if you hit their eye with the ball really hard, then it would just lodge itself into the socket and it would be a customizable fake eye. You could draw all kinds of cool stuff on it with a Sharpie or crayon or, perhaps, watercolour.