Spaff

PSP in Europe

Yeah, that's pretty shocking, that it isn't even Christmas yet and kids are running around with near on £200 worth of hardware, swinging in the breeze. I wonder how long it will be until PSP mugging fever hits Brighton. Because it will.

*rubs hands wih glee*

My roommate loves the PSP more than his DS. He plays Ridge Racer and loves it. He has bought more than a few games online already.

The funny thing is, three days ago he bought Desperados for 5 Euros and has been glued to the PC ever since, despite having just acquired Stranger's Wrath, Broken Sword 3 and Warrior Within, all for XBox.

Any kind of hand held console is likely to be knicked, but especially the PSP, because its more expensive.

For me, handhelds are used more for late night gaming when home consoles are unavailable, or train journeys, that sort of thing.

Yeah, the PSP keeps on having a pretty good launch week, then people realize there are maybe two good games for it (4 if you like racing games, which I unfortunately don't) and the frenzy dies down. Maybe GTA will change that, I know that's the main reason I got mine, but really, thre's just not enough to justify it's existence right now.

The Nintendo handheld has never been the most graphically capable, even back in the days of the Lynx.

The reason Ninty kept on top is because it had the Killer Apps which the other handhelds lacked, a trend which is set to contnue (or so it would seem).

Yeah, that's pretty shocking, that it isn't even Christmas yet and kids are running around with near on £200 worth of hardware, swinging in the breeze. I wonder how long it will be until PSP mugging fever hits Brighton. Because it will.

*rubs hands wih glee*

Heheheh, I didn't mention it in the original post... But up until the moment when I saw the third kid casually waving the equivalent to 60 quid at cash converters from their belt time. I'd never wished to witness a small child being mugged by a skag head.

Harsh, bitter, maybe. But ultimately satisfying.

I recently bought a PSP and once the novelty of "Wow its a big screen" wore off I realized how expensive the games were and that there aren't many good games. I have Metal gear acid and Fifa Soccer. Both are ok so I guess its a bit soon to say it was money poorly spent. Im just hoping theres more out there.As for the movie thing , seems stupid if you ask me, its almost cheaper here to get the dvd than the psp movie. I almost cannot predict any situation where watching a movie on the go is a life or death situation.

Im glad im a pc gamer, granted there are times I wished I had an Xbox but I rarely use my PS2. PC is and will always be the #1 gaming solution.

My Pocket PC has some software that you can purchase and let's you watch DVDs on the Pocket PC, and I'm pretty sure you can compress a movie so you can see it on your N-Gage, I mean, mine came with a long "Making of" and it barely took up any memory at all!