Sign in to follow this  
AndyB

Where are the games for beginners?

Where are the games for people who are new to gaming (not me) that have simple controls and a gentle learning curve but which are still inspiring?

BG&E is relatively simple. It may have a complex control scheme, but it's not like, Prince of Persia, which will require your all in handling it.

Lets see . I assume when you say they are beginners they still have a relatively good grasp of the english language and are capable of reasoning and solving some quests. If not then most of the stuff below wouldn't work out , but I guess Doom 3 would still be an option.

Halflife isn't too hard, neither is UT 2004.

Psychonauts , Beyond Good and Evil are pretty good.

Fallout , Neverwinter Nights, and Planescape are good games. But expect to do alot of talking , ESPECIALLY with planescape.

Age of Empires, The Sims , Civilization 3 are fun and the leaning curve isn't too bad.

Monkey Island series, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis are adventure classics. In terms of controls they are easy to play , but might be a bit difficult to understand.

Fifa Street and most Street games are easy to pickup and play ; they require some memory but its really simple. 5 minutes or so.

That about covers every genre.

Where are the games for people who are new to gaming (not me) that have simple controls and a gentle learning curve but which are still inspiring?

gamecube_1_1.jpg

:pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned: :pwned:

Hey now, you better not be insulting the cube in front of me. I love that little purple box beside the TV. Don't make me start a rant...

Hey now, you better not be insulting the cube in front of me. I love that little purple box beside the TV. Don't make me start a rant...

I don't think anyone was insulting the cube. I think it was recommended in a very epic extreme way in fact.

I was being Idlethumb-like and HardcorXXX. No, but I don't know, Viewtiful IS hard in places but it has a wonderful ability to let you see how perfect and simplistic gaming can be.

Yeah, except for that f*cking lion boss. King Leo, I think was his name. He drove me up the wall.