Sign in to follow this  
SoccerDude28

Sin 2 Episodes

Check it out

Sin 2, the sequel to the original little known Sin game is going to be available for download in episodic format on Valve's Steam. It will also be powered by the Source engine.

Man I am loving Valve more and more everyday. This is kinda related to Chris's article (very remotely), but what do you guys think of episodic games and digital distribution? Wave of the future or just a passing trend?

Actually it was pretty well known, mostly for being a buggy piece of shit.

From Gamespot's review:

"Sin is for the first-person shooter fan who wants more of the same, done just a little different, but done right. Too bad that's just the sort who'd be especially intolerant of its bugs and occasional shortcomings. Nevertheless, if you're looking for guns, blood, and action, not to mention one of the best deathmatch games of the year, you'll get your money's worth." :)

Sounds like a neat idea, I think its a step in the right direction and a pretty cool innovation. Im looking forward to seeing whats next.

To me, what this "episode thing" is to games is like what tv series are to movies. I don't think it will take over, just offer a different type of play and a different way of buying games.

Downloadable, serialized episodic content is the wave of the future. I anticipate this title.

Graphics suck [that's not that important but well], 2-4 hours of play per episode and a whole game costing 120 $ [and you don't get a box or anything]... I don't anticipate this title.

I really liked Sin. Good mindless blaster with levels that seemed actally plausible. It had the bad fortune of going up against Half-life and it got obliterated as a result. Nevertheless, I really liked it.

I even saw the anime @_@ and made a music video of it featuring Rammstein's excellent 'Mein Herz Brennt'.

I sorta like sorta dislike this new wave. I like it because you pay cheaper and you don't have to buy the whole game at once, if you're not sure just download one ep. The bad thing would be if they start making them demo-sized and you end up paying 20 bucks for a demo.