Tanukitsune

Who thinks these game packs don't mix well?

While at Media Markt I spotted several Virgin game packs for XBOX for only 20€ each! But the games in each pack... well... :shifty:

-F.Racing + Memorick + Phantom Crash

-Syberia II + Mojo + Artic Thunder

-Ghostmaster + R. L. Hell + Road Kill

And I recall seeing a few for PC too... But I only remember that one had Big Mutha Truckers and Crimson Skies....

Notice see a pattern, or more like notice the LACK of a pattern, none of these games mix well at all!

Now:

-Syberia II + Memorick + Ghostmaster

-R. L. Hell + Mojo + Phantom Crash

-F.Racing + Artic Thunder + Road Kill

Sounds a little better, why not make a pack of racing games, another of flight sims and another of brain games instead of a pack with a but from each?

Ubisoft's packs for PC are much better, you can get a bunch of Tom Clancy games or BG&E and PoP in one pack...

Of course, these might be a local thing and you might not find it in your country...

Does anybody else think these game don't mix well?

Has anyone else seen badly mixed game packs? :erm:

First off: THEY MADE SYBERIA II FOR X-BOX?????

Now that that's out of the way. Yeah, I've seen some weird mixes, but nothing anywhere near what you're looking at there. That's some messed up stuff there. Probably the dumbest I've seen was one that had NFS 5 and C&C Red Alert together for now reason. That or this "Let's bundle the Ecks Vs. Sever game with a link cable for no reason" pack for the gameboy, but that's not a combo of games so much as totally random, so whatever.

I found a list of the PC games but they are just acronyms of the titles so I have no idea of what games are included...

-C.S.+ SENTINEL + E.F.THYPHOON + F.R. 2

-Painkiller + F.R.3 + FLATOUT + G. METAL

-B.M.T. (Big Mutha Truckers?) + S. & H. + B. of Brit. + C. Skies

I think the idea is to give the player a broad choice of games. So instead of getting three games of one genre. They can experience a plethora of different styles.

So if thye buy a cheap triple pack with one game they think they like, only to discover that that a previously ignored category floats their boat...

Flawed, I know, alot of people will probably not buy them, but I see the concept of it.

Must play Siberia II on the Xbox...

...That or this "Let's bundle the Ecks Vs. Sever game with a link cable for no reason" pack for the gameboy...

Multiplayer Ecks vs. Sever was the basis of many fine hours of testing back in the days of yore I'll have you know...

I think the idea is to give the player a broad choice of games. So instead of getting three games of one genre. They can experience a plethora of different styles.

So if thye buy a cheap triple pack with one game they think they like, only to discover that that a previously ignored category floats their boat...

Either that or sell you three games you don't have any interest in at a knockdown bargain price, cos, "Hey! We've got a ton of these in the van and, sheeee... we can't shift em."

But there is always someone that will go into the shop and think "I have all this money and no new games... Wouldn't it be awesome to get three new games and still have money for the pub? I don't like these games, or even know anything about them, but I have so much money, I'm going to buy them anyway. Then whinge about them as if I was really insulted by these cheap ass games put out by devs with no budget."

True story.

Personally, I've never bought one of those packs as I know I'd be better off without those games. I'd only ever play them once, then fashion henges out of the discarded boxes. Having said that, there aren't really many games on the near horizon that I'm waiting for, so who knows?

What an ambiguous post.

That's like saying

Columns + Super Hang On + World Cup Italia '90

Don't mix well.

The game packs around here are fine, i meen each game pack has a catergory like: flight,action,and so on. But maybe the packs that you got were trying to fit in a little of everything :hmph: .

Private joke, sorry, but I really want to change my title to part of the team bunny hopper but Bud Muhnquai has beaten me to it.

Face it Sr Thrax I was the Bunny Hopper king, no one could beat me mwa-hahahahahhahahahhahahahaha! Eat my exploit.

Indeed. You were the Hopper King, but you snooze, you lose. Cruz. Or something. I dunno, I might well be drunk.

It's never too late to join Team Hopper.

[ontopic]Multipacks just seem to offer nothing of note/worth. It really seems like the latest alternative to "The Bargain Bin™". Just another way of getting the product out there after it's languished in No-Hype hell. Most of, if not all, the games I have seen in Multipacks are either tired old reworkings or clones of infinitely superior games.[/ontopic]

okay, now that is valid criticism, if the games on the multipack are rubbish, then they are pointless.

Indeed. You were the Hopper King, but you snooze, you lose. Cruz. Or something. I dunno, I might well be drunk.

It's never too late to join Team Hopper.

[ontopic]Multipacks just seem to offer nothing of note/worth. It really seems like the latest alternative to "The Bargain Bin™". Just another way of getting the product out there after it's languished in No-Hype hell. Most of, if not all, the games I have seen in Multipacks are either tired old reworkings or clones of infinitely superior games.[/ontopic]

DO NOT DISS the bargain bin! I got Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files and Warcraft I there amongst others! :yep:

The last game pack I recall seeing was a Virgin White Label release of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2 in the same box.

Which I promptly bought.

The last game pack I recall seeing was a Virgin White Label release of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2 in the same box.

Which I promptly bought.

You bastard! Mine! Gimme!