Sign in to follow this  
Savage Cabbage

Because we REALLY need this too...

Oh you silly skin heads! We control the media, remember? You really think we would sit passively by and not use our crazy powers to stop you? We'll whip stale bagels and gefilte fish, then drop watermellons and finally cram deadly beans up your nose. Death by food related sterotype, baby.

In all seriousness it's something to keep an eye on, but not get crazy over. Most of the populace is either/and/ or; not white, not racist, not susceptible to less then subliminal messages in video games. I seem to rember something like this being pulled in the early nineties, but, due to my youth, cannot recall.

The real question though: will it trump Christian games in over zealously preachy, poorly presented subject matter and insanely dull gameplay?

edit: seriously, what's with the names they give themselves? 'Grand Wizard'? It sounds like something out of D&D, which I presume they are against.

It's incredibly bad taste of course, but in truth there is little difference in having as final boss HItler in a mecha-outfit and instant replay death, or Sharon with a rocket launcher. With which I mean to say: loose from real-world cultural context, it could be the same as Wolfenstein 3D.

That doesn't really mean anything. "Loose from real-world cultural context", there is no such thing as bad taste. I mean, you could excuse practically anything that way. Unfortunately, there is in fact a real world with contexts...

Yeah. I think I'm just trying to cut off the people who would fall over this but would have no problem with Wolfenstein. Anyway, it's probably not thought over very well.

I think it's pretty different... I mean Hitler and the Nazis did in fact kill millions of Jews and gypsies and homosexuals etc. Having them be the representation of evil in a Video game might be something of an oversimplification but I'd put it on quite a different plane than having the target of your game be Black People, whose mastermind overlords are Jewish People, a game whose goal is proudly described by its creator as promoting the "separation of the races".

Though I dislike the concept of killing blacks and latinos I don't hate the thought of killing Sharon ; he isn't exactly the friendliest guy ever. There is some truth to the Jewish masters thing , not that the jews are masters but that they have great control over the media and politics.

Like Bart says in the simpsons "Maybe you should become a jew, once you're thirteen CHA-CHING"

I could be wrong, but I remember reading about Ethnic Cleansing in a magazine a year ago. I think they posted a screenshot that showed it to be a marginally worse-looking game than Wolfenstein 3D.