Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Stupid people and their stupid little walk

This morning I started paying attention to how people swing their arms around when they walk, and now I can't take my mind off it anymore. ;(

How about people who don't move their arms at all when they don't walk? How do they do it?

Never pay too much attention to your own walk. If you think about it you might forget how. Happened to me and I nearly fell over. True story.

Whenever I tried to remember my locker combination at school I would always be unable to remember it. Then I would stop thinking about it and it would instantly come back to me.

I often walk with my hands in my pockets to avoid arm-swinging weirdness. It makes me look 'cool' at the same time.* But sometimes I want to walk with only one hand in pocket, which makes you look really stupid..

Curses! That's exactly what I wanted to post. ;(

I love the way those speed walkers walk, it's like a chicken that got decapitated. I think it's funny (the people not the chickens, poor chickens. Well, I'm off to eat some chicken breasts. For shame, but it's delicious fried with bread crums. Poor chickens, for shame for being so delicious).

You know what's worse than speed walkers? Mall walkers. You know, those people that walk around inside of malls for exercise in the morning, it's like they're afraid of walking outside.

I often walk with my hands in my pockets to avoid arm-swinging weirdness. It makes me look 'cool' at the same time.* But sometimes I want to walk with only one hand in pocket, which makes you look really stupid.

Many people I see on the street walk baaaaaaaadly. No grace, no character.

Me, I love my walk. I used to be pigeon-toed when I was around 11. Then one day when I was making my way with a friend to the mall, this Good Samaritan woman came up to me and said, "Darling, you keep walking like that you'll never get anywhere in life. Walk like you mean it! Embrace life in your walk!" And then she gave me a 2 minute lesson. It took me years to teach myself. I took a few performance art classes during art college. One of my performance artist instructors taught us to pretend that we had a single thread coming out from the top of our heads, and we're dangling and touching the floor at once, and to let our arms swing by themselves naturally. When you do this your spine straightens and you actually look taller and more confident and proud. Since then I've had people openly admire my gait, and even have been asked if I was a dancer.

And what the hell is the moral of my fricking story? Oh, yeah: You get more girls who wanna meet you. (not that I'm interested in girls)

I think I've got a limpy walk myself. I often skip around on the street as well. I don't care if I make an arse out of myself, because the ground can be such a scary place sometimes! Why, I couldn't describe what would happen if I didn't get my corpse off the earth four times in a row... TERRIBLE things!! I sometimes walk straight, when I'm not carrying a big bag that makes me lurch to one side. I also like to march now and then, especially here in Germany.

Marek, I love you and your little fucking weird threads.

My mother was a posture ninja, she'd creep up behind me and smash me in the smalll of my back while jerking back my head with her other hand, and then tell me how important a good posture was while I was in agony on the floor.

-Yufster

At your service. :buyme:

My mother was also a posture ninja but only because I always looked at the ground. Then one day I found 10 Guilders and I realized there was a whole world out there when you look up.

I hope this finally lays to rest the many myths surrounding my neck's length. IT WAS JUST GRAVITY.

Haha! Look! I signed in!!! Haha!

Sometimes I become hyper-aware that I have legs for like an entire day, and my walking becomes really awkward because I have to concentrate so much on moving those two things. My legs feel like they're somebody elses legs and I'm trying to make them move. The only thing that shakes this feeling is taking a nap. Does this make me weird?

I admit there was very little point to this post, I just desperately wanted to post as myself again.

you have to look at the ground when you're tall though because you keep running into objects and people who are smaller than you, and that sucks.

It also allows you to find money, which is awesome. I totally snagged a fiver last weekend - success!

ALSO, it can totally make you look cool and hardcore, check THIS evidence out. Man, we're totally going to kill some folk!

On another note I find that I keep going upstairs on tip-toe and then wonder if that's a pansy way of doing it and try to walk in a different way but, in doing so, collapse in front of many beautiful ladies, while sobbing.

ALSO, it can totally make you look cool and hardcore, check THIS evidence out. Man, we're totally going to kill some folk!

That's not streetwise meanosity, that's the "Bab :cens0r: Blues" stance of Utter Depression. It's the posture you get when the world beats you and sends you to your room for making eye contact.

you have to look at the ground when you're tall though because you keep running into objects and people who are smaller than you, and that sucks.

How tall are you? I mean, you're not like 6'8", are you? Or, are people in your country super short?

Whoa, got a flashback of a Katamari. You should try to stick yourself to people, and make a lovely Katamari!

man... you just made me picture the ministry of funny walks monty python sketch. I dont often think of python, but John Cleese's legs swinging about like that is fucking hilarious.

Girls wanna meet you if you walk better. :buyme:

And when you make eye contact.

On another note I find that I keep going upstairs on tip-toe and then wonder if that's a pansy way of doing it

I do that. It seems easier that way. Except when I stop halfway up the stairs for whatever reason and then it feels completely wrong.

I do that. It seems easier that way.

It can also make you look a bit like a ninja. Watch any ninja/awesome based anime and you'll see that they do it all the time whenever they're not standing dramatically still on a slow zoom-out.