Sign in to follow this  
Lechimp

Psychonauts Nominated for Crappy Award Show

I think the problem is that TV people have no idea how to film award ceremonies without zooming in on famous people in the audience and getting their reaction to the funny that whoever's on stage made, cut to the tame stand-up joke, cut to the out-of-place music number, cut to a three second clip of the games, cut to Samuel L. Jackson accepting an award for being famous, cut to Ed Norton, cut to the stoned acceptance speech, cut to the stand-up joke, etc. ad infinitum.

A better way of covering an industry full of nobodies is to have a voice over narrator like for the Olympics, explaining who the hell people they zoom in on are and why they are interesting, with some small and contrived trial and tribulations montages with footage of said person in the studio, intermittent with the rest of the award-giving endeavour and small interviews with the winners, losers and Lorne Lanning in the slow places of the show. That kind of show, being truly right, ought to be judged by my fellow thumbites and our ilk.

Beyond the small interviews, there should be short news feature/"documentary" segments, also in the Olympic vein. We could learn about how Tim Schafer's mom woke up at 3:30 am each morning to drive him four hours to the nearest computer powerful enough to work on game design. It would make people cry and make the acceptance speeches all the more meaningful.

Where did you see that Psychonauts is selling well enough?

Somewhere on gamespot I read that Majesco was making a profit for the first time ever in a long time due to the sales of Psychonauts and other stuff. Psychonauts was also on the top 10 selling games list on gamespot for at least a week (or month or whatever span of time it is measured by)

Their marketing does suck. They waste so much money on internet contests that no one knows about, plus they have radio commercials. How can you have radio commercials for a game? You need to show what the game looks like for anyone to care.

Plus I only saw one copy of Psychonauts for the x-box at best buy. I didn't see any playstation 2 or pc copies of the game. I really doubt that this is best buy's fault due to the fact that they more copies of crappy games like herbie the love bug for gba. They probably don't produce enough copies of the game to actually meet demand (the copies of psychonauts for pc that they had last time I was there are now gone). Not to mention that it took them half a month to ship the game to me after they finished the game.

I saw Psychonauts sitting pretty right next to Half-Life 2 at my BestBuy today. If that has any meaning whatsoever other than that whoever stocked the shelf doesn't know the alphabet.

Well I suppose it means that my best buy just sucks (or is selling all its copies) and that Majesco didn't royally fuck up (aside from the 2 of the same cd in one box and shipping the game half a month late)

Well I suppose it means that my best buy just sucks (or is selling all its copies) and that Majesco didn't royally fuck up (aside from the 2 of the same cd in one box and shipping the game half a month late)

Well I went to two Fry's here (Fry's is a HUGE electronics store). They have a whole shelf of XBOX games, every game you can think of. THERE WAS NO PSYCHONAUTS. I went to the PC section. They have PC games that are 5 years old, they even have those hard to find adventure games. NO PSYCHONAUTS.

Same thing goes for the EBGames in the mall. So no, it's not only your best buy. Majesco marketting sucks major ass.