Sign in to follow this  
lailoken

Dreamfall

So I just watched the trailer and I have to say it looks really nice. I am not so sure about the character animation but that's about it. If all those environments are actually implemented in the game I would just play it to walk around within those worlds!

So I just watched the trailer and I have to say it looks really nice. I am not so sure about the character animation but that's about it. If all those environments are actually implemented in the game I would just play it to walk around within those worlds!

Those environments are in the game. What would be the point of a trailer with environments not in the actual game?

Those environments are in the game. What would be the point of a trailer with environments not in the actual game?

Lots and lots of E3 trailers show prerender stuff...

The trailer looks very good but it doesn't give away anything about the game itself : no gameplay sequence, no dialogs. Disappointing. :hmph:

From the few articles I read here and there, the game looks half-good to me because its success hugely depends on the developers' capacity to make a reality their promess to allow the player to solve any problematic situtations in an adventure way or in an actioner way. The kind of thing promessed a few times in the past (Omikron- the nomad soul) but never kept. ;(

the trailer was kinda so-so, it didn't show anything interesting (like Vimes pointed out), I also didn't care for those captions: "Three People, One Destiny" and such.

I am looking forward for this game though. I never played the first, so I wonder if it's essential to know the plot of the first game? I'll at least rent it either way.

Okay, so what would you deem 'interesting'? What would you like to see in a trailer?

More gameplay footage because it is a game. A trailer that doesn't look like it's been done before (meaning not your usual "One Man, With A Destiny To Save The World" type of thing). Something that will really give an idea about the feel of the game and what the developers want to accomplish with it. For this game some dialogue because that seems to be one of the biggest parts of the game (Marek mentioned 30 minute dialogue sequence/s in his preview). Make the definition of the story less vague it sounds like nearly any other story.

I realize that it's not easy to make a trailer, I'm just sick of seeing and hearing the same thing. I'm not saying that it was a bad trailer either, those building and scenery looked great, but it was just so-so. It didn't make me want the game, though I do want it.

The basic premise isn't exactly unique; it's the characters and dialogues that really made TLJ shine (IMO). There isn't really any way to show that in a teaser like this, though.

I would reccommend playing TLJ, but bear in mind it's one of the longer adventures (hell, games) in recent years.

I have to agree the trailer wasn't all that exciting. Beautiful artwork, certainly, but I wanted to see some gameplay, too.

Lots and lots of E3 trailers show prerender stuff...

Obviously, but that's entirely different from asking if all the environments shown are in the game.

The poster probably meant that the environments were rendered with the game's 3d engine.

The poster probably meant that the environments were rendered with the game's 3d engine.

No way!

I'm no less excited for the game, but I think that was a really lame trailer. It felt more like a trailer for Myst or something, with a camera moving around empty environments. (I guess with a Myst trailer, that's pretty much all you can do.) And I didn't like the 'Three Worlds...' stuff either. Hopefully the next trailer will actually tell you something about the story.

Also, 'The Journey Begins'? You mean it hasn't yet? What the hell was I doing in the last game?

I'm no less excited for the game, but I think that was a really lame trailer. It felt more like a trailer for Myst or something, with a camera moving around empty environments. (I guess with a Myst trailer, that's pretty much all you can do.) And I didn't like the 'Three Worlds...' stuff either. Hopefully the next trailer will actually tell you something about the story.

:buyme: The trailer was designed specifically for hardcore adventure gamers.

(I'm soooo mean)

Man, the 1UP preview is so totally WRONG about Myst being the "granddaddy" of all adventure games. OMG.

(Not to turn Thumbs into Adventure Gamers, of course. :grin:)

OMFG, UNDRESSING PSYCHONAUTS! What are they smoking?!