Sign in to follow this  
lailoken

Gamer's Manifesto

yeah well you probably should. Look at this shit That Is Linked To On GrumpyGamer Today.

I might have to start checking Grumpy Gamer as part of my "pre-forum checks".

P.S. This site has been wanged (grumped? whatever).

P.S. This site has been wanged (grumped? whatever).
Wanged?

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!

Same with strategy-type games; the computer just fiddles the numbers in favour of the AI players. Very lame. :deranged:

I know what you mean, working as hard as you can to build up ypur defences to find yourself being interminably tank rushed to oblivion, it has been a problem since Dune 2 and they have never sorted it out.

It is why I find myself playing games withh only one difficulty setting more and more often.

Just checked out the Action comics links, they were great!

I also disagree if a few remarks, I found Mario Sunshine's camera troublesome, but superior to Mario 64, and the save points in Metroid Prime weren't all that distant from each boss. So what I'm saying is: don't take this article too seriously, it's fine piece better than most of what you'll read in IGN and Gamespot, but it's still a parody site.

Yeah, I had problems with his points there as well. In terms of the camera angle thing, I don't think there's anything wrong with "cinematic" camera angles if they fit the atmosphere of the game. For example, if a game is made in the spirit of a film noir, part of the immersion process he puts so much stock would be the shot compositions. There are obviously problems with games that come about due to bad camera angles, but I generally don't find them with fixed position cameras.

I just saw 'Dr House' with Hugh Laurie in it. An in joke for all the English readers, the kiddie who plays the British, benevolent, blonde, is the same actor who played Billy (Karl and Susan's son) on Neighbours. It is fucking freaky, because his posh English accent is spot on when he is originally from Oz.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817980/

Here be proof, and the sad thing was I figured it out, without using imdb. Am I scaring you yet Bob?