monkeydang

my fan made monkey island game

(Best Thread Ever. I came here by a link, so I don't know, but if this isn't a sticky, it needs to be)

You mightn't remember me, I haven't been here in a while.

Anyway, monkeydang you are teh coolest dude ever, you're right to braq about your brilliance!

I mean, replacing adventure games with a Microsoft Power Point Presentation with Monkey Island screenshots in it....Its so incredible!

I can't wait to read more of you Sam & Max story because I want to know the ending. It was so fabulously cool!

I'm making a fangame too, and you are obviously such a great person that my game would crash and burn without you at the helm to guide us away from such enemies as sensical plots, animation, and the laws of causality.

Best Thread Ever.

So, are you insulting me then?

I dont take credit for brillance within my animations..actualy the game is poorly animated.

I dont take credit for it being like a power point presetation..

I simply had a idea , within 2 minutes of thought and I decided to make a small little creation of some sort.

I take credit for my concepts though, which if tied together and proabably ainmated would make a good intro....

Regardless, I dont think Im so brillant, but in my defense..the norm doesnt come up with whole storys in 2 to 1 or under 1 minute...

If I strike me as un-original maybe next time , I'll spend atleast 4 minutes on the story..and maybe then the reaction of 4 minutes of work will even carry on longer at this forum..

2 minutes of work..in plot , chessy as animation and barely a eye brow rasier..and this post has been going and going ...if thats not brillant its surely reatrded..but if it's reatrded its the most brillant of retardness... :yep:

Insulting you?

Certainly not!

Constructive criticism maybe.

Here's a thought. If your games are going to be completely random, why not use stickmen or something, so people know the randomness was part of the plan?

because, "comical "Randomness only happens when bounadries are stretched or when wierd circumstances evade the normal ...I say that because If it werent something strecthed or eluded from the norm..it would merely be casual...

Stick figures, is a wierd concept within itself...

Therefore I would expect someone to try to be humouring me the whole game...and I would keep in mind his amature skills and the stick figure animations would make me leave from the start of the game...

This "random creation" of mine , is so popular here at the forum because of its brillant orignality..its totaly unexpeted ..and i think thats the measure of its sucess..

stick figures follow a perticular pattern, they are over used...they are like papper airplanes.See them everywhere..its sort of boring and it's not what I call brillance.

stick figures follow a perticular pattern, they are over used...they are like papper airplanes.See them everywhere..its sort of boring and it's not what I call brillance.

This has got the be one of the greatest quotes ever. This should definitely go in the Quote Of the Moment part of the main page.

I think we've found the Uwe Boll of video games themselves.

Does that mean Tim Burton is going to make a movie about him?

Maybe he's more of a Paul W.S. Anderson...

You should send that in to Readers Digest. They've got a page for people like you.

I believe Monkeydang, that with the creation of this thread, many more people have been awakened to the genius you so obviously possess.

I hope that this thread will now serve as a catalyst for your success, and skyrocket you to the heights that you clearly should have been a part of years ago, when at thirteen, you pioneered your first masterpiece.

I am honored to have a mention, even though by my own admission, in this thread.

You sir, are a gaming god!

:sartre:

I would post the videos, but after considerations Ive decided It would be a bad idea..1st off I make devil demonisitc sounds..and youd all call me

"hell boy"

Second off, Youd think Im a freak, and you would want me to join some dodgeball team or something just like everyone else that sees my abilities.

Although i think Ill show you a demo of the pen thing, that seems harmless enough...

The lift video was on here, I hope to god that no one downloaded it...its just not right,its just wrong.

I could like to know more about all of you, tell me something interesting about yourself.

Second off, Youd think Im a freak

Yeah, you wouldn't want to ruin your reputation this late in the game.

reputation,doesnt mean much to me.

Im here to chat, about games and such.

I can take a complement, and Ive taken many since Ive joined here, but Id get more joy learning something about you, or anyone else here.

Quiet people know alot that I dont, so speak up if you have anything to say.

Sir,

I feel that you have done a misjustice to each and every idle thumb, by taking down a video, which clearly details another of your triumphs.

Surely, you should be basking in this glory, not shelving it away, so that it may decay and become caked with dust.

Why, if this triumph equals to the excellence of the Monkey Island series that you've brought to our attention, then we must see this!! Good gracious, this could be sold to Hollywood which could perhaps start a seven figure, four picture deal, or perhaps sold onto Jeremy Beadle to be put onto television for a slightly lesser sum.

The fact remains Monkeydang, people have come from far and wide to see this thread. They have been hanging on your every word, wondering whether they will be in the presence of a potentially defining moment in this very earth's existence.

Sir, I ask of you, as an idle thumb, as a fellow artist (though of course, not even close to being in your class of excellence), as a fan, I ask you to reconsider this course of action. Give the people what they want, let them be witness to something that could potentially change their lives. Let them join you in this celebration of brilliance. Let us all stand united and celebrate what is undoubtably, a monumentous event.

I need your inspiration to continue, brother.

Yours hopefully

Ray

I diddnt know that anyone enjoyed this thread..I was just entertaining myself by posting what was on my mind at the time....

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66925&package_id=151764&release_id=325663

here is the pen thing.

I have the other videos and I have a good place to host them but I dont want to show myself yet, so I think im going to make more, but with my head cut out of them...

:hmph:

Is anybody actually falling for this or are we all just playing along? Or what?

I'm waiting for the pen-spinning movie before passing any judgment.

wow, for serious, some of you are in disbelief?...most people are at first but after you see my other talents..maybe youll believe me, I love the typical reaction...

people always say"what the hell is your arm doing!?"

"How do you do that..."

As strange and as unbelieveable as the explanation is for my talents ..oneday I just could do it..Ill be editing this post later with videos.

some asked

"are we supposed to go along with this.."

YOu think this is fake..lol pause it once durring the show, lol it wont at all be clear because Its not a speed up job..it's merely a speed job.

Its sort of fast , Id be amazed if a clear pause was possible at all while my fingers are in motion..also keep in mind that with one wrong finger movement the pen would fly right out of my hand.ACtualy I slowed down for you , just so that you could see what was happening....

You need to get a nice camera and shoot that pen twirling at 72 fps or something md, because (monkey)dang, I can't tell if you're really twirling it or just waving your hand quickly.

Im not postive but I think you click the play button...actualy once a file is playing,there will be a button in the center of your quicktime applet, the button looks like one vertical line next to antother vertical line, thats pause.

perhaps I should show the other pen videos and speed videos, maybe I'll even run for you guys to be more conclusive.

ITs ok, maybe you should download winamp its easy and one of the best media players in my opion.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66925&package_id=151774&release_id=325691

I honestly dont know if this link works, Ill edit it if it doesn't ..im too tired to try it, and its too hard too..Its not a normal time to be up in this part of the world, especialy on the weekend..

The video however, looks the same as it does in real life Im not shaking my hand , but in a way i am because my fingers and the pen are jerking me around like mad...

Im not making any sense even more so than usual..so uh im going to sleep now, hope the link works.

Ill be restarting over my computer soon..with system disks, will the website remember my memmbership if i start my computer over, or will I need to re-register?