Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Eiji Aonuma QOTM

[The Windwaker characters] looked like puppets without personality. I prefer the new look, closer to manga style.

Gahhhhh! The best part about the characters in Wind Waker was how expressive/emotive and full of personality they were! He has clearly seen a different version of the new Gamecube Zelda than I have (well obviously since he's working on the game) - because from the trailer they showed at GDC the new one looked more wooden and soulless than most any Nintendo game on the Cube. :(

Eiji Aonuma, is het a Nintendo big shot? If so, he should be fired. If that quote shows what he thinks then he's full of bullshit.

I loved how you could rotate the camera around your Linku and look at him seeing things around you. The Wind Waker felt very anime to me!

One detail I really thought was awesome was that when you were looking at Link and pushed the directional stick slightly, he would shift his eyes to see where he was about to go. I'm not sure who got his hands on that Zelda and made it so awesome, but it had a charm and quality that is unmatched by any other Zelda game.

It was Eiji Aonuma, too, except that then he wasn't expecting to have millions of 13 year old American shitheads bitch about graphics because they didn't tingle their pubescing weeny.

---

Of course, some of my friends were bitching like that, but they mostly bitched about the gamecube a lot. Now they wear banana republic shirts and junk and pretend that they never read comic books or played video games religiously.

Well fine, but I still shed a tear for curious almost 2D enthusiastically animated young link. Fortunately his spirit lives on in Razputin.

Yeah, they do have a similar charm I never noticed before. I guess mostly in their giant heads and emotive eyes.

Now I just wish the game would come :hmph: .

Aonuma is one of the best developers in existence (in my opinion at least), but I can't believe that he said such an asinine thing about the beautiful game that he directed. And from what I understand, he isn't directing the new Zelda (or Darkla. Celda, Darkla, god that's lame).

The Wind Waker had more personality and emotion than 99 percent of games, hell, most developers dream to achieve such a well directed feat. It's pretty much one of the most gorgeous games to look at, and one of the few that prove that video games are an art form.

And personally, I don't care for Zelda being dark. It's silly that the majority of gamers prefer their games with a dysphoric ambiance, and it's sillier that an Nintendo employee seems to agree.

I'm not gonna be like Ron Gilbert and call it a "Zell-out", I do still trust Nintendo to make stunning games, but this just fries my freedom fries.

Mr. T has no say in such a holy matter... fool!

It's silly that the majority of gamers prefer their games with a dysphoric ambiance, and it's sillier that an Nintendo employee seems to agree.

This guy approves.

This guy approves.

Oh man, you busted out The PC Gamer. (By the way, he would never be caught dead with a console. Unless it was modded with extreme hardware and neon lights. And even then, it's a Gamecube. It would have to run Linux before that guy would give it a second look.)

Wait a minute, wasn't he like, chief director of Wind Waker? How can he say this garbage?

But hey, as said before, this is the guy behind Majora's Mask, which in my opinion had more personality than any other Zelda. I'll excuse him this retarded quote.

Wait a minute, wasn't he like, chief director of Wind Waker? How can he say this garbage?

But hey, as said before, this is the guy behind Majora's Mask, which in my opinion had more personality than any other Zelda. I'll excuse him this retarded quote.

Obviously, Idle Thumbs is trying to make everyone look bad for internet ratings. Those sons of bitches!!!1 :finger: