MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

Just finished the game. Ace in every way

except for:

Collecting figments: These things are so damn hard to find. Agree with Moos, if there was some kind of figment finder, it would have made collecting more enjoyable.

Circus meat: Man I was going to break my gamepad. I died like a gazillion times, especially in the level where you have to reach the top before you drown. That level is so much more difficult than all the prior levels combined.

But everything else was amazing. Now I'm a little sad that it's done. Time for Jade Empire I guess :yep:

I. Must. Not. Laugh.

Dude, my name rocks. What are you talking about? :hmph:

Peter Alden Winckles

Ok, so I don't like my first name that much. But I'll fix that if I ever have a son and give him the best name ever -- Raz Alden Winckles. So...

:eathat:

So I've been playing psychonauts since saturday and it rocks (I had to get cd 4 from umm....somewhere) but today I got the real cd 4 from majesco WITH a deck of cards AND the whispering rock summer camp t-shirt.

Dude, my name rocks. What are you talking about? :hmph:

Peter Alden Winckles

Ok, so I don't like my first name that much. But I'll fix that if I ever have a son and give him the best name ever -- Raz Alden Winckles. So...

:eathat:

LOL!! I was kidding. But does remind me of names of characters in children's books.

Suggestions:

Smiley Lubberflegm

Otto Asphiksia

Ima Strokanoff

Bubba Kissplump

Ivan Nawstybone

I like Otto Asphiksia the most. Even though it is a little girlish. All are sortof fruity -- none as rugged as Kingsley Cunningham.

So I've been playing psychonauts since saturday and it rocks (I had to get cd 4 from umm....somewhere) but today I got the real cd 4 from majesco WITH a deck of cards AND the whispering rock summer camp t-shirt.

Damn I wish I was missing cd 4 ;)

I'm missing another figment, now in the milkman level...

I've looked everywhere, the one I can't find is on page two, line 2, number 4....

That's the only I'm missing from the milkman level.

Also I'm missing only one figment from the waterloo level that is on page 3, line 3, number 4

I'm right now in Edgar's mind, wow...

I found it, thanks Moos, also thanks for that info about Sasha.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't find them Benny, Crystal, or Clem (or is is Chem? something with a 'c' at least) either. I also hate how you can't see past Elton and Milkah's heads to see what they see you as. Bobby Ziltch's was hilarious despite only being able to see part of it.

Crystal and Clem are with Janitor Cruller, and Benny asked you if Olly had a sidekick before leaving, I don't know where he is, but it's a hit at least...

Crystal and Clem are with Janitor Cruller, and Benny asked you if Olly had a sidekick before leaving, I don't know where he is, but it's a hit at least...

Do we now have a full catalogue of where all the kids are?

I took some screenshots of Milla's, Boyd's and Edgar's figment galleries so as to easier help people in dire need. Moos, if you need them for Tim Fandango, feel free to say so. I could take the pictures of all the other minds, but aside from Fred's mind (which I haven't finished on the PC) and the Meat Circus I don't think any other level is particularly hard to collect in its entirety.

I don't think any other level is particularly hard to collect in its entirety.

I was stuck for AGES trying to find the last figment in Fred's mind. I can't remember which exact figment it was, but it was hidden in the chimney smoke from one of the buildings. I literally added a few extra hours to my game time simply trying to figure out where that damn thing was. Eventually I just accidentally collected it while riding the smoke up to get a better view of the level. Not sure how I missed it the other fifteen times I did the same thing. :shifty:

Only two figments left to find and then I'm rank 100, and ready to go through the big curtains in the Meat Circus.

Those figments are just damn impossible for me to find in the Velvetopia level, I've searched everywhere. Page 1, line 2, number 5 and page 1, line 3, number 1.

Do we now have a full catalogue of where all the kids are?

I took some screenshots of Milla's, Boyd's and Edgar's figment galleries so as to easier help people in dire need. Moos, if you need them for Tim Fandango, feel free to say so. I could take the pictures of all the other minds, but aside from Fred's mind (which I haven't finished on the PC) and the Meat Circus I don't think any other level is particularly hard to collect in its entirety.

Yeah, we know where all the kids are...

Dogen -- Kid's Camp same as beginning

Bobby Ziltch -- Oleander's classroom

Clem -- Apparently by Janitor Cruller

Crystal -- With Clem

Nils -- In front of main lodge

Maloof -- Under Oleander's jeep

Kitty -- In girl's cabin

Chloe -- Using radio in Oleader's classroom

Mikhail -- With Maloof

Elka -- With Nils

J.T. -- By guy's cabin

Chops -- With J.T.

Elton -- On dock

Phoebe -- In main lodge

Quentin -- With Phoebe

Franke -- With Kitty

Vernon -- In main lodge

Milka -- With Elton

I think that's everyone save Benny who's probably not there.

And, Kingz, that'd be awesome if you could take those screenshots. Thanks a lot!

Kolzig,

trying using the window on the other two hooks.

I think those are the ones you're missing, but I could be wrong.

Just in case you guys missed it, check out bgbennyboy's awesome work. It seems odd to me that the credit pictures are such low res. I hope he's able to extract more stuff. It'd be absolutely incredible if he could get all of the clairvoyance images.

Finish Edgar's mind, you will get it

Is that the bullfighter guy? Because it says I need confusion grenades to beat the dragon wreslter guy, and to beat edgar's level, I need to get a card from the dragon wrestler guy.

Edgar is the guy whose mind is the velvet level. Basically find your way throughout the level by collecting the 4 Queens. Once you reach the final card, you will meet the metadore/bull fighter. Talk to him and he will give you the confusion grenade.

But in the velvet level, I have to fight this wrestler who I can't hurt, and Ford says I have to use confusion grenades to hurt him. And since I need to beat him to beat the level, and to get the confusion grendades I need to beat the level, I'm screwed.

Did you defeat the other 3 wrestlers? If yes, did you go to the bull fighter and talk to him before you fight the 4th wrestler. If not, find the bull fighter and get the confusion grenade from him BEFORE you fight the fourth wrestler.

Well actually, I think this is the third wrestler I'm fighting, maybe I accidently skipped someone. But it seems like there's no way to exit the battle with him. If I use smelling salts or whatever and come back to the level later, I still appear in the arena unable to defeat him.