Kolzig

The new Lara

I didn't want to make her too realistic, because then she would lose some of the iconic nature of her character. It seemed to me that it would be good to find a balance between the caricature that Lara was and the need to be more realistic, more human. That was the goal. More detail in anatomy, more detail in the facial features, but keeping the proportions etc.

I came onto this Tomb Raider pretty late in development. Everything with it's design had been pretty much set. I was able to help with the look of the character and with a little bit of the design and story. Mainly I'm not in on the whole design of the game this time around.

That's a bit from an interview with Toby Gard from the Playstation Magazine called PSM.

(I have in my possession a scan containing part of that interview and a scan of a pic from the actual game. I don't know whether I should link those here?)

She looks better in the game... but the problem I not have is that she sticks out in the environments. It looks like someone pasted her in.

Anyone else see this?

i was thinking the EXACT same thing!

i actually think the screenshots look okay ... if she wasnt posing in each one. dammit, dont they understand that we just wanna see some plain-and-simple in game shots, without any of the "look at lara croft" nonsense to go along with it ?

SiN

It's probably how she's lighted. Makes her look like she's standing in front of a back-projected screen. But I'm more concerned about the overall quality of the shots. It doesn't look fresh at all, nothing eye catching and original about it.

I remember previous TR games where she wore a dark tank top and Army camo pants. And in Angel of Darkness she was all dressed in denim for the Paris levels. Those outfits were more fitting for an action hero, I thought.