Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Sondheim

Once, when I was 4, I got up in the middle of the night to listen to my Rosie and Jim tape. Earlier on, my Dad had taken it out of the player to listen to The Ballad of Sweenie Todd. It was dark because I couldn't reach the lights. I pressed play.

I've never been so fucking terrified in my life.

Imagine two little puppets that live on a boat that floats along the London Canals, and they sing lovely songs to each other. That is Rosie and Jim.

Imagine thousands of Londoners screaming as a demon Barber from Fleet Street cuts their throats while he's shaving them, and then turns their dead flesh into pies which he sells to unsuspecting ladies every morning. That is The Ballad of Sweenie Todd.

Sweeny Todd is what I put on the stereo when I have major housecleaning to do (boy do I hate housecleaning!). It's the darkness and passion of the music that suits my mood and gets me through that onerous job! I can slam and crash and bang things all around, and it just goes with the music.

FGM

Sweeny Todd is what I put on the stereo when I have major housecleaning to do (boy do I hate housecleaning!). It's the darkness and passion of the music that suits my mood and gets me through that onerous job! I can slam and crash and bang things all around, and it just goes with the music.

You are one twisted fairy. :nuts:

I assume you've never heard The Ballad of Sweeny Todd, then.

Hang on, hang on, Rosie and Jim have only been around a few years haven't they? How old were you Yufster when this happened? 14? or was it last week?

It doesn't really matter anyway. I got scared last night when I thought there might be a maggot living in my eyebrow.

Man, Rosie and Jim sucked big time. Worse than those freakish Riddlers, at least the Riddlers had that phat guitare riff.

I don't know for sure, but Rosie and Jim have definitely been around longer than a few years. Maybe they only started showing repeats recently, but I remember watching Rosie and Jim when I was but a tiny tot.