Intrepid Homoludens

If you were a filthy rich developer/publisher....

True. But we can dare to dream.
Godzilla versus King Kong and the whole city gets leveled.

I don't know why on earth I would, but I find this post really reassuring. There may yet be some good in the world, that sort of thing...:innocent:

maybe because we go to the same church. :)

FUCK!

I wrote a very VERY long post, and the whole thing told me I wasn't logged IN!

I definately don't feel like starting over. Damn!

FUCK!

I wrote a very VERY long post, and the whole thing told me I wasn't logged IN!

I definately don't feel like starting over. Damn!

Yeah, quick tip, whenever writing long posts, always copy it before you hit submit.

Sunburned and puppy dog eyed?
I am not one of them Norse halogen honkeys who burn when the moon is full. I hardly ever burn. I am what you would call, dark white.

Either a Tatical Stratigy game with paper mario style little action moments, or a sports game with a personality and story, and actual gameplay verity.

An RPG set in the Wild West. Or an RPG set in modern-day, with real-life occupations (sort of like Sims, but more RPG-y).

I'd get John Passfield and Steve Stamatiadis to finish making Gruesome Castle (The sequel to Flight of the Amazon Queen) and maybe some of their other planned games that they couldn't get finished (Stereo Jack for example).

I'd also buy the rights to Commander Keen and hire Tom Hall, Adrian Carmack, John Romero, John Carmack and anyone else who worked on Keen back in the old days. I'd get them to make "The Universe is Toast" and just leave them to it.

I'd also buy the rights to Monkey Island™ and give them to Ron Gilbert.

I'd also buy the rights to Monkey Island™ and give them to Ron Gilbert.
... who would then proceed to making Bingy and Bongy VI: Treasure on Treasure Island and become an ever richer man.

... who would then proceed to making Bingy and Bongy VI: Treasure on Treasure Island and become an ever richer man.

Thats harsh! Didn't Ron blow most of his fortune on Good And Evil?

Besides I always like to think that the puzzles in BingBong island would've ended up in Monkey Island, if Ron did another one.

You've just got to blur your eyes a little!

Harsh? How so?

Ron and Shelley Day sold Humongous, a very succesful company, to Atari. Ron's kids games are great. I'm just saying he's not shown a huge interest in going back to games for "grown ups".

Of course, I would be a happy man if he started something new along the lines of Cavedog.

Harsh? How so?

I didn't know Ron was rich. If he had the money, I thought he'd use it to make more Bing Bong Islands...But perhaps he has other ideas about what to do with his money other than the 'let's make a game' ideas that we do!

I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing he is. It makes sense, unless he was majorly bummed in the Atari deal.

If I had the money, I'd buy AdventureSoft (as they don't do anything nowadays), release all their back-catalog for free and remake Simon the Sorcerer 3D (only as a good game), turning the AdventureSoft brand into the European equivalent of The Adventure Company en route.

One day...