Sign in to follow this  
SoccerDude28

Advent Rising

I am very much looking forward to this one. With some great looking action and a story penned by Orson Scott Card, how can you go wrong? Between this and Psychonuats, Mejesco is looking pretty good to me.

I like the look and concept of this game, but the development team only has 15 people. It will probably end up being "painfully" something. Either short, buggy, linear, or simple..

I like the look and concept of this game, but the development team only has 15 people. It will probably end up being "painfully" something. Either short, buggy, linear, or simple..

I just read it was twelve people. I do think you're right, though. Even though from what I've read I'm not particularly excited by it, I can't shake the feeling that the other shoe's about to drop.

I've been looking forward to this one. The action I saw in the trailers rox my sox. :gaming: The story doesn't sound half bad either... And it's supposed to be the first of a trilogy.

I like the look and concept of this game, but the development team only has 15 people.

Really? Where did you learn that? Is that including Card? I hope it won't be "painfully" anything.

but Elite was made by one person and it had the whole galaxy in it. (in less than half a meg)

I can't get over how little influence the idea of procedural content has had in the game industry.

Really? Where did you learn that? Is that including Card? I hope it won't be "painfully" anything.

The latest xbox nation said so. I'm not sure if they count Card, but I'm 100% sure the number was in the teens, and 90% sure they said 15, but there seems to be a bunch of numbers floating around..

Who cares how many people work on a game? Just as long as the game is good! :)

*goes to check out advent rising*

it looks and sounds very promising. Majesco is on the rise people. Lets hope they can resist the dark side that is EA.

Sorry guys, I hate to be the voice of doom and I'd be the first one to be happy if each and every choice of Majesco was as intelligent as the Psychonauts' one.... but, hell, I don't see anything in this game that would mean it's outside the norm of action games :

- art/design : meh, but who cares?

- 3D engine : meh too

- story : a trilogy... ( why god, isn't the number 2 good enough anymore ?) based on a guy acquiring suuuupperrrrpower. Girls with 'blop-blop' tits. Ah - and some ET too.

- gameplay : bullet-time, big monsters throwing rocks, running around or jumping into vehicles *sight*

Am I blind or the only thing that might be great - and it's shown only a little in the various gameplay videos - is the violent hand-to-hand combat in which you can, for example, crawl on the back of a huge monster and break is neck. This is quiet a cool move.

And I hate marketing people using the word epic just because it sells. Ah, in fact I think I just discovered I dislike marketing people in general.

I think I'm going to realize in a few hour that this post definitely defines me as an unenthousiastic prick

You unenthusiastic prick! How do you live with yourself?

You know what? I wish I wasn't living with myself. I'd like to be that guy who says he has a garden within him to which he flee. He also says there are severed heads on the fences.

I didn't know you could actually make big games with 12-18 people these days... they must be proud of themselves... or careless... or something. I read that the music for the game is going to be recorded over at paramount or columbia pictures or something with a choir and all...

Also, ysbreker, what's the deal with your avatar? It looks like something... dirty. :chaste: