Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Fuck

So I bought GTA San Andreas for almost fucking 60 euros and borrowed a PS2 from a friend. Now it turns out the controller is fucked up and the left analog stick will move to the right by itself (not physically of course). Even if I hold it left, it will still sometimes go right. I don't think cleaning will help either because I already opened it and there didn't seem to be much dirt. Seems the potentiometer for the left/right control is just not working any more...

FUCK

I don't know if I'm cursed or something, the EXACT same has also eventually happened to every PC controller I've bought.

yeah i destroyed about two dozen controllers during my hardcore gaming days. but i suppose you are probably beyond these outbursts of physical violence some games used to provoke in me through sheer frustration. but maybe your friend doesn't? why did you buy gta for ps2 anyway, i'm gonna wait till it comes out for pc, never played through vice city because of the shitty controls. you can't teach new tricks to an old dog and in terms of fps i consider my self an old dog indeed (an old mouse keyboard dog, that is). try to return the game?

Yes there is: Errki you shouldn't have made that pact with the devil, now should you... i told you my boy, nothing good will come from it... but you sure do play the violin good - but what does it matter WHEN YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY AGAIN.,, NAUAHAHAHASJAHAaa

The original Sony controllers seem to lack a certain quality, I guess. My brother fucked up two controllers in less than 6 months. (Playing Def Jam FFNY) Now he bought a Logitech, and it still works.

--Erwin

The original Sony controllers seem to lack a certain quality, I guess. My brother fucked up two controllers in less than 6 months. (Playing Def Jam FFNY) Now he bought a Logitech, and it still works.

--Erwin

You know on G4 (which everyone hates including me), they had this stupid show where they abused a PS2, XBOX and cube. They wanted to find out which one withstands most damage.

First test: drop a heavy weight on the console

PS2 broke down and wouldn't start. XBOX had not a single scratch, and the cube was scratched but still played fine

So PS2 was eliminated

Second test: hit it with a sledgehammer

XBOX did not take a scratch whereas the cube was scratched badly but both played fine

Final test: drop the console from 2 floors height

XBOX got damaged badly and the start button was ripped apart

Cube was broken, but it still ran.

Cube was on top , so go figure :) The little one whipped all the other consoles' asses

That's kind of interesting, but kind of horribly wasteful.

With Nintendo's whole vibe of 'sharing', giving the Cube a handle so you can take it to your friend's house or whatever, they probably worked hard at making it a tough little bugger to screw with.

People have told me that the Xbox is 'notoriously' fragile, but that show would suggest otherwise.

Ha, thrustmaster, I laughed for three minutes after reading that.

Who needs maturity?

Why not just buy a new PS2 controller and when you're all done with the game sell the controller to your friend? He needs a new one anyway.
Yeah, that's what I did. I bought a UPXUS Double Shock controller for about 20 euros. It has a couple of extra buttons which I have no idea what they do, but otherwise it seems to work fine. Only I can't play yet -- we only have one TV.

Couldn't find the Thrustmaster one that's both for PC and PS2.

Bc9b, why did you laugh at Thrustmaster? Does it suck?

Man, GTA is definitely better on the PC. But it's still quite playable on PS2. Except the cheap controller's buttons aren't as responsive as I'd expected.

And the left analog stick seems too responsive, or maybe I should use the right stick for steering (on-foot)?

Man, GTA is definitely better on the PC. But it's still quite playable on PS2. Except the cheap controller's buttons aren't as responsive as I'd expected.

And the left analog stick seems too responsive, or maybe I should use the right stick for steering (on-foot)?

Mouse and keyboard rule indeed. Especially when you need to aim and shoot people. Sometimes it's even hilarious; dozens of gangsta rappers running and shooting in my direction, and I'm just standing there, firing my gun in the air. :fart:

--Erwin

I made a show of my own. I took a gamecube, a PS2, and an XBOX into the garden and fired at each one from ten yards with a .22 calibre rifle loaded with poison-tipped bullets.

The only one I couldn't hit was the PS2, because it was one of the slim ones, and it was standing on it's side and therefore had a smaller target area.

Don't tell me. The Xbox took the most hits because it was hugeass, yet it still emerged without a scratch and played beautifully. The Cube merely spun around with every hit as if on an axis but the drive wouldn't open anymore.

And as for the PS2 - one can never be too thin, no? :sombrero:

The Xbox retaliated swiftly with a sawn off shotgun, the Gamecube took it like a girl and started crying.

Thrustmaster dude. :innocent:

Oh... I'm not a native English speaker and don't get it. Now that I think of it, I get the feeling it should be funny, but I'd have to check the dictionary.

This controller I bought, it has extra buttons besides the standard ones:

"slow", "auto" and "clear"; and is advertised with "slow motion and turbo fire" modes. There isn't anything said about how to use them though...

The "slow" mode would actually make manual aiming manageable, but for some reason it starts to toggle the "start" button couple of times in a second. I could hold down the start button while in slow mode but that would kind of suck... Has anyone here used a controller like this (UPXUS DualShock2)?

official Analog controller (DUALSHOCK®2)s can last a fucking long time.. We've got some in the testing dept that have lasted years of daily use... and abuse ¬ ¬

3rd party versions last minutes and are shit