Sign in to follow this  
hermes

Psychonauts on GameSpy's most wanted

Gamespy is running one of their blabla-bla features - this time the Most Wanted Games of 2005. And Psychonauts is on it:

http://mostwanted.gamespy.com/2005/console/53.html

That's great, I guess. But one thing that I was wondering about is this sentence:

"Double Fine has wowed us time and time again with some of the most creative, thoughtful, and unforgettable games we've played. We fully expect Psychonauts to be another one."

Is it just me, or is Psychonauts Double Fine's first game? Maybe I'm an idiot - maybe gamespy... They must mean the earlier productions of some of the team-members??

And when having created this fine red herring to take your attention I will ask you: Is Psychonauts coming for the PC?

it is their first game, so i can only assume that by "double fine" gamespy means "tim schafer and co".

and yes, its coming to pc, xbox & ps2

SiN

Yeah, definitely their first game, though they did produce a catchphrase back in 2002: "You have the insanity...of a manatee."

I think GameSpy kind of phrased it badly, it doesn't really make it clear if they mean the past work of the individual team members. Anyway, great to see the game being hyped up like this.

I really hope that the game is up to gameplay standards... as in, it's long enough and has enough things to do. Tim & Co. are pretty famous of making relatively short games.

Fact: my parents offered to buy me Psychonauts as my birthday present. How awesome is that?

I really hope that the game is up to gameplay standards... as in, it's long enough and has enough things to do. Tim & Co. are pretty famous of making relatively short games.

No, that was just Full Throttle.

Fact: my parents offered to buy me Psychonauts as my birthday present. How awesome is that?

Man, it sucks. You'll have to wait an entire year before it's your next birthday! :hah:

--Erwin

Err... Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango aren't short...

edit: erm yeah, what Yufster said.

Erm, yes after you've memorized the whole game and can play it through without getting stuck. All adventure games are like that, hate to break it to you. Grim Fandango took most people a decent amount of time to get finished.

PS I didn't recognize you with that donkey avatar.

i remember watching a friend of mine finish sam and max in a slightly drunk state in less than 5 hours... i think... but i fell asleep at some point...

grim fandango was one of the longer adventure games ive played.

full throttle was short, but very satisfying.

sam&max was quite lenghty as i recall.

SiN

They all seems shorter the more times you go through them, but first times they can feel like they take forever (except The Seacrh for Cetus, 6 hours, at like age 12)... (MI2, 8 years, varying ages....)