Jake

Psychonauts box art

I don't know. Think of something. Psychonauts Box Art or something.

Jake's version is already great, but would've been PERFECT with the blue glow kept intact :buyme:

--Erwin

:tdown:

Pshh. That blue is okay against the solid colors of the brain graphic, but against the shaded greens and stuff of the rest of the pictures it looks gross. It doesn't blend well at all.

Jake, call Double Fine and show them your design... maybe they'll use it. Even though Majesco probably has the final word. :sombrero:

Okay, so here's the PERFECT ( :buyme: ) version by me, based on the already excellent version by Jake. The only thing that could make this box better is a quote from IdleThumbs, but okay...

pnautsbox.png

--Erwin

The strong contrast in the text "Psychonauts" looks disgusting (lower version).

You mean it looks too pale? The contrast is about the same between the two?

Anyhow, I've looked at both boxes so long now I can't even decide which one looks better anymore!

The dark was probably me overcompensating on my screen, which has what I've discovered to be a far brighter gamma setting than most everyone else around here. Probably because most gamers (or should I just extend that to PC users) have no clue how to properly color adjust a monitor. Probably because Windows comes with absolute shit tools for doing so.

The main thing I wanted to change in my little modified box doodle was dropping the logo a bit lower, and trying to make the logo typography fit in a little better with the rest of the design. The darkening wasn't necesarilly me trying to make a statement about the lightness or darkness of the box illustration.

I further messed with the darkness when I fiddled with it, although I thought Jake had made a creative decision, so I ended up taking time to put it back the way it was! Lol!

Hell, it's listed above Advent Rising in their little games box thingy. That's Psychonauts, first in the list.