Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Penny-Arcade.com sucks

Okay, so PA rules. But their website is horrible. Why does their upload script break all the time? They should have someone re-code their entire site, write a better search engine, and maybe even give the site a new design. I'm sure they can find a really good web designer willing to do it for cheap, given the extremely large following they have.

That's all. :fart:

I believe this layout is about 3-4 years old now. Yeah they definately need a mayor (major?) overhaul. I agree the site is getting rather old.

Now all we need is a post by tycho and/or gabe and we've really got it made :yep:

I like the site design very much; it's simple, bright, colorful and eyecatching, but I agree they could do with a redesign at this point. As long as they didn't stray too far from the original design.

Also, the other content their site used to have... remember Kara and Batjew? That stuff was great! I wish they would have a bit more extra content like that.

Also, swearwords are becoming too big a part of their humour. They should cut that out.

Also, swearwords are becoming too big a part of their humour. They should cut that out.

please. ¬

Also, the other content their site used to have... remember Kara and Batjew? That stuff was great! I wish they would have a bit more extra content like that.

Screw Kara and Batjew, it's all about The Bench, in the pre-thebench.org days. That stuff was great.

With that, Chris posted a link so that Yufster had some idea what he was talking about, and the people of the land lived happily ever after.

Sorry, never mind, I remember. Well, any sort of extra content at all is good, it doesn't just have to be Kara and Batjew...

Also, it seems like they have a great, colorful cast of characters there, but they only ever use two of them. I'd love to see the other characters more often.

Well, I can't, because it's not there anymore... Isn't that what you were talking about? Old content they don't have anymore?

Yeah, sorry, I forgot what The Bench was. I thought you were talking about something completely different.

I have only heard tales of The Bench, unfortunately. I wasn't around back then. I don't think I even had the internet.

Hah.

I could say something about the last time I tried to get them to change the language in their strip, but I won't, citing my policy of not commenting in public about that particular strip.

You can read their version of those events anywhere you like, or find me in person some day and I'll tell you the real story.

Now all we need is a post by tycho and/or gabe and we've really got it made :yep:

You mean 'wanged', right?

I like the website...I go there a lot. I haven't really got annoyed with the layout, but yes, there are times when the comic won't load, so they need to fix the technical side. I guess a visual overhaul wouldn't be a bad thing, but I don't think there's urgent need for it. The main thing is keeping it simple and streamlined, so the couple of things that PA does really well are easy to get to and look at. No clutter.

Teehee! That was my initial reaction as well! The Scummbar should trademark that line. :clap:

But I'm sure his real name is Simon Jeffery. :yep:

--Erwin

Hah.

I could say something about the last time I tried to get them to change the language in their strip, but I won't, citing my policy of not commenting in public about that particular strip.

You can read their version of those events anywhere you like, or find me in person some day and I'll tell you the real story.

Do tell.