Sign in to follow this  
MrChlorophyll

Voice Actors

Anybody ever go to IMDB and look up game voice actors? I've just mostly done Grim Fandango but it's terribly fascinating stuff just seeing what these guys have done.

I am pained to learn that Kay Kuter passed in 2003. He was the voice for Velasco in Grim and Goodsoup in CMI among other things and probably my favorite voice.

But it was nice to finally confirm my belief that the burned up Hungarian (?) in The Usual Suspects is indeed the voice of Toto.

I always do that. It's through that that I found out that Sergeant Johnson and Cortana (Halo's characters) had also worked on No One Lives Forever 2 before. :yep:

I also didn't know, until I researched imdb, that Samuel L. Jackson did a voice for GTA: San Andreas. I'm sure I would have known his voice if I played the game. :P

It's all curiously interesting. :)

It's amazing how easily I recognize Rob Paulsen's voice. I used to watch Animaniacs back in the day, and now I when I hear his voice in a game, no matter how different it is--be it Metal Arms, Escape from Monkey Island, or Armed and Dangerous--I always think, "That's gotta be Rob Paulsen."

I'm not entirely sure why.

It's amazing how easily I recognize Rob Paulsen's voice.
Isn't that the name of the Meatloaf character that gets shot in the head in Fight Club?

But it was nice to finally confirm my belief that the burned up Hungarian (?) in The Usual Suspects is indeed the voice of Toto.

"Well, I had just seen the Usual Suspects, and I loved that crazy Hungarian burn victim guy who is all bandaged up in bed, yelling "Kaiser Soze! Kaiser Soze!" So I told our voice producer that his voice should sound just like that guy, because it was creepy. And it turns out that very same actor from the Usual Suspects had just done some work for Lucas (I think he was the cut-in-half jedi from Jedi Knight. Or else the big-head-growth guy). So we actually got the actual actor himself, and he did Toto's voice. So... that's why."

--Tim Schafer

I think the guy's name was Morgan Hunter, which I have remembered for now-forgotten and probably bizarre anyway reasons.

Also, Kay Kuter was in Gabriel Knight 2, I'm fairly sure. I remember being pretty bummed out when he died.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0419645/

For some reason, this guy always bothered me. In every single thing I've heard him do voice acting in, he sounds exactly the same. It's like that's his normal voice and he doesn't actually do acting at all. He always does the voice of a narrator or some omniscient character

Ooooooh yeeeeaaah. I know that guy.

This might just be me, but when a man's got a voice like that, he doesn't need to change it. But that might just be me.

That reminds me of Carolyn Seymour (Estelle in GK3), who I don't think has ever changed her voice in anything. This is especially noticeable in KoTOR, where she plays like a million different incidental characters, including Bastila's mother, and you can always tell it's her.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0419645/

For some reason, this guy always bothered me. In every single thing I've heard him do voice acting in, he sounds exactly the same. It's like that's his normal voice and he doesn't actually do acting at all. He always does the voice of a narrator or some omniscient character

Tony Jay? He rocks.

He's great in the Legacy of Kain games, and really, really funny in The Bard's Tale.

In TBT he's the narrator who constantly has arguments with the bard. Really funny stuff.

Plus he was Lex Luthor's servant on a season of Lois and Clark. *Shudder*

Tony Jay? He rocks.

He's great in the Legacy of Kain games, and really, really funny in The Bard's Tale.

In TBT he's the narrator who constantly has arguments with the bard. Really funny stuff.

Plus he was Lex Luthor's servant on a season of Lois and Clark. *Shudder*

Yeah the quality of The Bard's Tale's narration is definately one of key parts of the humour. Have you tried just higlighting each stat and leaving the description to hear it fully? He says something different, but always funny, depending on how high the stat is. Also, put the controller down in-game and wait for 20 seconds or so, and lots of other little snippets of random humour :)

Yeah the quality of The Bard's Tale's narration is definately one of key parts of the humour. Have you tried just higlighting each stat and leaving the description to hear it fully? He says something different, but always funny, depending on how high the stat is. Also, put the controller down in-game and wait for 20 seconds or so, and lots of other little snippets of random humour :)

I'm not crazy about all the narration on the menus, actually. Menus should be quick and painless...I don't want to hear a ten second reading about each and every option.

...but that's just me.

Beyond that, the game's quite funny. The gameplay's sort of average, but at least it's funny.

Isn't that the name of the Meatloaf character that gets shot in the head in Fight Club?

b0b had bitch tits

Damn! Tony Jay was the voice of King Forge in Armed and Dangerous?!? :eek: I always thought that it was Earl Boen. I never bothered to read the credits after that game and just figured that he sounded so much like LeChuck that it had to be the same guy. Well. I guess you learn something new every day. That or you don't, and pretend that you do to make your Prof shut the hell up. Whatever.

-Miffy