Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Somebody make it stop

Kevin: So how do you like being a working stiff?

YufsterChan: Um

YufsterChan: Well

YufsterChan: I get to work over Christmas

Kevin: Always fun.

Kevin: But you prolly get overtime, right?

YufsterChan: ....Overtime?

Kevin: Yeah.

YufsterChan: You mean like... ? I don't get it. What do you mean?

Kevin: Usually when you work during a holiday, you get extra money.

Kevin: Like 1.5 times your regular pay.

Kevin: Like, when I worked on Sundays, I got a dollar an hour extra.

YufsterChan: We don't get paid on Christmas

YufsterChan: At all

Kevin: Um... They kind of have to.

YufsterChan: We work it out of the goodness of our hearts

YufsterChan: People don't get paid during Christmas in Ireland

Kevin: That's stupid.

Kevin: You work, you get paid. It's a very simple concept.

YufsterChan: Not in Ireland

Kevin: So, you don't even get your regular salary?

YufsterChan: Man, if I got paid overtime during christmas... I'd buy... like....

YufsterChan: ...a new pair of shoes or something

YufsterChan: No, not for the three days around christmas

YufsterChan: we don't get paid

YufsterChan: But we DO get paid for St Patricks Day!

Kevin: Yeah, but why would you work to not get paid?

YufsterChan: because otherwise we get fired

Kevin: Wow.

Kevin: In America, that's all kinds of illegal.

Kevin: Not only do we have to get paid whenever we work, we have to get paid extra for working holidays.

Kevin: Christmas eve and Christmas are like, triple overtime.

Kevin: Regular holidays that most people have off are double.

YufsterChan: `Man

YufsterChan: That sounds like UTOPIA

Kevin: That sounds like... Fair.

Kevin: Ireland sounds like... Voluntary slavery

YufsterChan: It's not. It's great.

YufsterChan: We have more pairs of shoes per person than any other 3rd world country

Kevin: And yet, you need shoes.

YufsterChan: Not that badly, there's only a few holes in them

YufsterChan: But like, pretty soon

Kevin: See, Americans replace their shoes once a hole is about to occur. Not after.

YufsterChan: Yeah but there wouldn't be so many holes if I didn't have to walk 7 miles to work or school every day

YufsterChan: Americans don't have to do that much WALKing

Kevin: You should get a bike.

YufsterChan: I can't AFFORD a bike

YufsterChan: If I could afford a bike, do you think I'd be wearing these shoes?

Kevin: Can't be that expensive... A used one?

YufsterChan: Man, how much do you think I get paid???

YufsterChan: It wouldn't even be so bad if I didn't have to contribute so much to my Mom every week to buy potatoes

Kevin: I dunno... But in America you can find a used bike for about fifteen Euro or so.

YufsterChan: I get paid 15 Euro in A MONTH

Kevin: Christ, almighty! How much do you get paid total a month?

YufsterChan: 20 Euro

YufsterChan: Why?

Kevin: That's not very much.

YufsterChan: That's over 100 Euro a year, that's awesome

YufsterChan: Four years and I'll be able to fly to San Francisco!

Kevin: I get paid about... Say... 300 Euro a month? And that's not even considered good over here.

YufsterChan: Another four years, and I'll be able to fly back!

YufsterChan: WHOA

YufsterChan: SERIOUSLY!?

Kevin: Yeah.

YufsterChan: Hahaha man, you must think I am gullible.

Kevin: A euro is worth about one and a half american dollars.

YufsterChan: Jeez, what do you do with all that money?

Kevin: How do you live?

YufsterChan: Man, Kevin. I get paid 700 Euro a month and I'm part-time after school. You're such a fucking sucker.

:clap:

Yufster, finally you have a decent avatar.

Well, yes, if I would be gay... :rolleyes:
Don't try that. You just want to have a little fun, right? There's nothing wrong with just flirting with guys even if you are ... straight. And it's more fun if you don't take it that seriously.

Don't try that. You just want to have a little fun, right? There's nothing wrong with just flirting with guys even if you are ... straight. And it's more fun if you don't take it that seriously.

I never take anything seriously.

Sometimes that might be a problem btw...

but at least nobody tells you that george w. bush has stolen 10 € out of the washroom. or you don't need to discuss with 3 people about football/playstation/tv while reading trainspotting. serving for my country is...interresting... :naughty:

:grin: Hehe. Oh man, that discussion was great. The laugh of the day (and believe me, I've laughed my ass off multiple times today).

YufsterChan: It wouldn't even be so bad if I didn't have to contribute so much to my Mom every week to buy potatoes

As someone who's done a little 19th Century British history, that made me laugh. I need help, evidently.

'Who's comming with?' is fine. If in the pub for example, someone gets up and says "I'm just going round the corner to get some ciggies" and I myself would like to join the person either to also perchase something from the same shop or maybe just join them for a walk. It is not uncommon for me to say "I'll come with"

Bit late but I like missing out the me or you part. It's better. Unless of course I was out with Yufster, then I'd say "I'll come with Jew".

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :shifty:

Man, have you been on the G-Force? It's terrifying. And not only because it's the nature of the ride, but also because you're never quite sure whether the ride is just going to FALL APART and catapult you halfway across Waterford.

I drove through Dungarvan yesterday. It's not far. If you come down to PC World between 12-6pm tomorrow I'll be there. Or, alternatively, visit me over Christmas. Whatever.

Man, have you been on the G-Force? It's terrifying. And not only because it's the nature of the ride, but also because you're never quite sure whether the ride is just going to FALL APART and catapult you halfway across Waterford.

I used to operate fairground rides on Palace Pier in Brighton. Man, if you ever looked under it and saw the state of the rusting supports and rotting planks, and then considered how many tons of creaking whirling metal dwelt on top, you'd shit yourself. I think it's all been replaced by now though due to some sort of hugely overdue legal enforcement. Heh, 'health and safety' day used to give the managers the willies! I could operate 7 kinds of ride. Then the day before the inspectors came round, they asked what kind of training I'd had on what and when and from whom, and concluded that for tomorrow only, I only knew how to operate 2 kinds of rides... capische?!

I want to go to San Fransisco! I had clam chowder on pier thirty-something once. We'd spent the entire night of Christmass Eve on an unfeasibly crowded Greyhound coach coming down from Oregon, only to find out that the mate supposed to be picking us up was still in LA and wouldn't be back for another 8 hours. We decided to leave our bags somewhere and wander around aimlessly and half-asleep, and my friends and I got warned that we were entering 'the wrong side of town' and should turn back by a friendly local about 15 mins later. On New Year's eve, we got called faggots by a random doorman, and I took a photo of some random person being arrested and pissing themselves out of fright. Umm, I realise that things kind of sound downhill after the chowder bit, but it was all good fun, I assure you :yep: Other highlights included under-age drinking with faked passport photocopies, being the only drunk people in an entire nightclub, and seeing a strip club for the first time.

I got a quote from the SunTravel, just to give me an idea of what it'll cost, and they quote E1500, including tax, accomodation and the return flight, for two weeks. I think they may have misquoted, because it seems to be a pretty sweet hotel just off Union Square, too. I don't know where Union Square is, but it sounds like a center point, somewhat. I'm probably right.

It's more or less in the center of the city. San Fran's not a totally walkable city like some (such as my beloved new york) but you can get to a lot of the city by walking from Union Square.

...but if you need/want to go to any of the outside parts of town, you're going to need a car of some sort.