Marek

Half Life 2 First Impressions

Most importantly though, if you get real close to her and peek down the back of her pants, you can just see Alyx' panties.

:shifty: Typical. Um...you do know you can actually meet real, physcial girls out in the real, physical world. Trust me on this.

Hey, it's common practice for me to always see how thorough the character designers have been with the ladies. Like in BG&E, I think I could see Jade's panties, too.

And the problem with real girls is that they never stand still long enough for me to get a good look down the back of their pants.

And the problem with real girls is that they never stand still long enough for me to get a good look down the back of their pants.

I could advise you on this, but instead I'll consult my 21-year-old niece. She's shaped like an hourglass, has tattoos and is pierced (I'll not tell you where), and constantly has various boys after her. Perhaps she could give you some insight.

I would like to join you in this Half-Life 2 enjoyment, but my new graphics card must be obtained before such events may commence. However, I have changed my avatar to celebrate the moment!

I even tried to search for my steam id in case I remembered the password wrong. No dice... I then tried to create the same name, figuring then I could have it back. I got this error saying that it failed because of Error 200: Failed to find masterauthentication server....

My copy was registered on Steam with no problems, but my sister's having the same authentication problems you seem to be having.

She's getting quite frustrated.

If you have an existing Steam account, my advice is to register the CD-Key with Steam rather than install it off the cds/dvd. This seems to be faster.

If you need a new account, then chances are you're SOL until they fix their overload problems.

I bought the game this morning, but I didn't have time to play it yet. Arghh! And when I came home, I saw LFN's server's been fucked up again. More Arrrgh! So what I did was beating up my brother in Def Jam: Fight for NY, which I also bought this morning.

The good news; I have taken a day off tomorrow, so I can play HL2 all day. The bad news; I need to see the dentist in the afternoon.

--Erwin

Never mind. I did it. I must have tried a billion times though. :mrt:

Mostly.... Your subscription to Half-Life 2 Retail Standard has not been completed, because Steam is currently too busy to process the transaction.

However, you can play Half-life 2 retail standard in the meantime, and we will get back to you with the results of your transaction as soon as we are able to process it.

Subscription..... my ass. It's not like I ordered a bunch of stuff. Grrrr. :finger:

You have to UNLOCK it on steam though.

:finger:

I'm waiting til the bullshit dies down. Perhaps next week or so. By then the servers won't be bottlenecked 'cause all the fanbois will have had their initial orgasms. :finger: you back, jack!

My eyes burn.

I just died 4 times in the same place so I decided to take a break, but I'll be back at it in 30 minutes....and aaaaaaaallllllllllllllll night.

Also, you guys shouldnt't be so anti-steam, its the Bee's Knees. Thank god for no CD swapping installation or the sound of Cd in the Drive.

k.

It looks beautiful... even the women in the game are attractive, like that guys daughter and stuff...

It has the same exact same feeling as the original game, though, but not as much as halo 2 does to halo... man, I played the first level and was like "ok... halo with two guns.. I guess that's why it's halo 2." and I turned it off.

Maybe I 'm just biased toward the graphical goodness and box-throwing madness of HL2... the loading times seem to suck, though.

:mrt:

I had the biggest grin on my face ever when I started to play for the first time :)

I was grinning so madly when I saw the first glimpse of a strider walking by

And I have to agree, the waterboat scene was a tiny bit too long for me, but maybe that's cause I only had 4 hours to play and wanted to see more.

And those helicopters are awesomely scary!

Goddamnit, I had to clean up my hard disk. I have enough space, except on the disk on which I installed Steam before, and now I'm forced to use that disk to install HL2. I would have enough space if I choose not to include Counter-Strike Source with the installation, but checking that option appears to have a known bug: Installation stops at a certain point, telling me a CAB file is corrupt.

But it finally works, after a tiresome quest to deinstall software to make some room for the giant that is HL2 (4.5 Gig).

And Steam didn't even give me any trouble. Woohoo!

--Erwin

That was the most frustrating installation process I ever had to go through for a game!

And it runs like dog on my system. dammit.

played for about 2~3 hours. There's a lot of crackling in sound, and encountered a few serious bugs. ugh

Maybe you can take a screenshot so I know what you're talking about. (Press F5 in the game, then look in in Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\{username}\half-life2\hl2\screenshots )