Sign in to follow this  
Jake

IGN reviews San Andreas: "9.9"

It'll be a wonderful fucking day when people get over the word "phallic".

The appropriate term is "penish." People need to get with the program.

I just discovered (reading a thread at AG) that several of the big sites, including IGN and GameSpot have already given out 10.0 i.e. perfect scores - to Ocarina of Time.

So what's the fuzz about 9.9 then? :)

I know from memory that GameSpot also gave a 10.0 to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Chrono Cross. Tony has to be one of the best-rated series ever on GameSpot, and deservedly so I'd say. I have to say I've been really disappointed in Tony Hawk's Underground and its sequel though.

Yeah, while playing Tony Hawk 2 I thought: this is the best game ever.

But TH 3 is not as good, and 2 won't run on XP :( so I haven't played it again.

For some reason I've never really considered TH2 to be one of my favourites, although playing it was probably the most fun I've ever had with a game.

I've played all the Tony Hawk games extensively except for THUG2, and I can honestly say they're all great games. I would agree though that 2 is better than 3; it was definitely way more of a step forward for the series. Unfortunately THUG was pretty much just the same as 4 (still a very good game) from a gameplay point of view and didn't really deliver on its ill-conceived storytelling features, while making the game a lot easier and inflating points to almost ridiculous levels. THUG2 seems to be diverging from the series completely and in a very odd way...