Sign in to follow this  
root

Youtube Appointment Viewing

Hey it didn't look like there was an active thread anywhere that's just like, Good Stuff to Watch on Youtube which is a thing I'm pretty much always on the lookout for.  Beyond the perennially good content produced by polygon some of the channels that I've subscribed to that regularly put out good watching are:

Gamemaker's Toolkit with Mark Brown - digestible dives into game mechanics that are usually around 8-15 minutes long. Also an excellent series on Zelda dungeons called Boss Keys.

Noclip's documentary series is probably familiar to thumbs regulars already, but in case it's not: it's good

Cool Ghosts - the Best Game Ever and Don't Step on my Childhood videos are a lot of fun

TabiEats - Japanese and other Asian comfort food recipies with demonstrations, and taste tests and reviews of japanese street foods and products from places like Daiso

Boundary Break - Moving the camera in 3d games to show what's happening outside the camera frustum

The Gobelins School - Student work from the french animation school

Anyway please recommend me more stuff to put on my queue!

I just spent more time than I'd care to admit watching this. So. Much. Tude.

EDIT: EVEN THE GAMES FOR 5 YEAR OLDS HAVE TUDE.

I've been watching a ton of actual play tabletop rpgs recently. If you're into that sort of thing, I'd recommend: Critical Role, Acquisitions Inc C Team, Dice, Camera, Action, and Corporate SINs. They're all D&D except the last one which is shadowrun.

Recently watched through The Gay and Wondrous Life of Caleb Gallo and it's so good. And the whole youtube channel is also very good.