Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Films of Nicolas Winding Refn

I saw it too, and feel like you're just hedging your criticisms here. Neon Demon is just kinda bad, you don't need to justify that much further. The Bronson is really good, but everything Refn has done after has been progressively up its own ass with each new film.

I don't agree and that's just how I tease out my opinions when I'm not 100% how I feel about a thing.

I liked Drive and what I saw of Only God Forgives but I'm a big fan of The Gos. 

Apparently Refn's pulling a lot of influence from his friend Alejandro Jodorowsky but it's just not working for me here.

I really enjoyed Drive until someone said that it was Taxi Driver for this generation. I disagreed with the person but the more I thought about it I realised he was right but that Drive gets everything wrong in terms of characterisation.

Only God Forgives... That was a bit rubbish, an hour long music video.

I really enjoyed Drive until someone said that it was Taxi Driver for this generation. I disagreed with the person but the more I thought about it I realised he was right but that Drive gets everything wrong in terms of characterisation.

Drive is more the driver of this generation particularly since both are based around a get away driver in LA.

taxi DRIVEr

jus sayin