dimaCyberpunk

Chronicles of cyberpunk [Release]

Chronicles of cyberpunk is adventure in the city of the near future in which power belongs to the big brother and his supercomputer. You have to convince the inhabitants of the city is in danger of artificial intelligence and fight together with the forces of cyborgs.

Play it on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/742470/Chronicles_of_cyberpunk/

Spoiler

hsczz1-1-768x432.jpg

bfjjgfb-768x432.jpg

mtnu76-768x432.jpg

hddf-768x432.jpg

nfg-768x432.jpg

gdfgdf-768x432.jpg

Story and atmosphere of the game inspired by a lot of movies, games and images about cyberpunk.

1-2-768x400.jpg

One of my main goals is to create a world to which the player wants to plunge and which he did not want to leave. Game will contain a lot of handmade artwork

Coy7KWuWEAAjTX6-349x520.jpg

.. and many models

Cp1WJuAW8AEVLI4-768x466.jpg

Now I program the entire game on the acts. In difficult places (where you need to make a cut-scene, animations of people, boss fights, etc.) put the plug in the code, so you can play without them. I'll complete it later. Now I've done 7 acts out of 28.
Total left:
- Program other 21 act
- Complete models of people and animations
- Boss fights
- Put sounds / music
- Make the cut scenes

Still work on it every day

C2xDkcBXUAE7pEO.jpg

That's an interesting looking world you have there. It looks like a great place to just explore and figure out what's going on.

On 07.03.2017 at 10:17 PM, theschap said:

That's an interesting looking world you have there. It looks like a great place to just explore and figure out what's going on.

Hello, thanks! Yes, it is one of my main goals - to make a place like that =)

Oooo this is cool . I really dig the atmosphere, the space is comfortable yet it slightly unsettling. Also it feels really solid, no weird clipping or uncomfortable movement. One thing I wanted was visible rain other than that its looking good :tup:

53 minutes ago, infamous space turtle said:

Oooo this is cool . I really dig the atmosphere, the space is comfortable yet it slightly unsettling. Also it feels really solid, no weird clipping or uncomfortable movement. One thing I wanted was visible rain other than that its looking good :tup:

Thanks! Rain will be later =)

Several new screenshots. I decided to find the music on freesound.org. There are cool ambient-tracks with the type of license, allowing me to use them in commercial projects without the author's consent. There are no prices for such people who post them. I added them to the game and now everything is much more atmospheric. I've already run around a hundred times, but now with music, the game feels completely different. And also added audio effects for cars, drones, refrigerators, etc. And finished almost all icons of the characters, 4 more characters left

DExIZFvXoAAPA1O.jpg

DExIZHVXsAAFebj.jpg

DExIZHWXcAAmCCu.jpg

Your art style is awesome. What are your inspirations?

And what things will the player do to convince the city inhabitants? How will you fight alongside cyborgs? (Sorry if these questions are answered in the demo, I'm on a Macbook Air and can't play much.)

2 hours ago, OneGameDad said:

Your art style is awesome. What are your inspirations?

And what things will the player do to convince the city inhabitants? How will you fight alongside cyborgs? (Sorry if these questions are answered in the demo, I'm on a Macbook Air and can't play much.)

Hello, thanks! Here is my sources of inspiration:

And also it is games and films about cyberpunk. Sorry, that description is old, here is a new one:

Chronicles of cyberpunk is adventure in the city of the near future where power belongs to the Big Brother and his supercomputer. People mysteriously disappear in the city. Who is behind all this? Why do they need it? Why are you here? The city controls all spheres of people’s lives, it will not let you go, it’s impossible to hide from its tracking and control systems. Freedom of actions and thoughts is just an illusion

So you don't need to convince anyone. It is mostly an adventure where you should explore the world and talk to people. There is will be fights with 6 bosses but how it will be - is a secret =)

I really liked the look of the machine shaft here: 

As well as the sliding window panes later in the preview. You could push the look of this game really far into Russian Constructivism and some trippy optical illusions and I think you'd have a game that stood out. Your geometric characters even lend themselves well to the constructivism look. Image result for russian constructivism art 

1 hour ago, Robyn Haley said:

As well as the sliding window panes later in the preview. You could push the look of this game really far into Russian Constructivism and some trippy optical illusions and I think you'd have a game that stood out. Your geometric characters even lend themselves well to the constructivism look.

Hi, thanks. That is a good idea, I will think about it =)

I've made a dynamic change of language, completely (now for sure!) finished the Save Game code, drew all the pictures and added to the game (more than 300).

Fixed a lot of bugs and now I am working on the boss fights. Also now I want to add physics to the game =) Here is some templates I've made today:

ezgif-2-594bd16453.gif