SuperBiasedMan

Idle Cook Club - Veggie Feeds-me: My Body Is Ready

:tup: That looks scrumptious! Yeah, it definitely takes time to tune. The last few times I've made large batches I haven't had 100% of the required ingredients and made substitutions I really enjoyed. I finally tried doing it the recipe way...didn't like it as much. I feel like my best results were making the gochujang from the radish water base, cutting down on fish sauce massively, and using the liquid from oysters. I also made a small pot of just garlic and hot peppers kimchi as the base for the next batch. Love your stoneware! I don't have any at the moment so I have to use glass and plastic locking containers. :unsure:

I've definitely enjoyed my batches without fish sauce more, plain soy sauce fits me better (also no animals: bonus!). I haven't branched out into other things than chinese cabbage yet, mainly  because I can't imagine enjoying other bases as much. Maybe once I figure out a way to have a big enough supply of the regular kind.

The stoneware is lovely indeed; my wife bought it to pickle gherkins in & then promptly snacked away her supply from the garden so I got to claim it. Only problem it's too small, I can't resist eating kimchi when I've got it so the crock only lasts me a week or so. I may have to ask the potter if he's willing & able to do something bigger with a fitting lid for me.

On 24.2.2016 at 5:44 PM, Cordeos said:

Third time posting a pan pizza here, but the first proper one, I feel. I just wanted to say that this recipe rocks! Thanks for sharing!

fool_proof_pan_pizza2.jpg

Now off to the root vegetable thing...

On 10/30/2016 at 5:55 PM, Cordeos said:

I made mini pot pies!

I used this recipe except I used puff pastry instead of pie dough, replaced the chicken with a pound of the other ingredients, and used veggie broth. Super tasty and one of the best gravies I have ever made.

http://www.thebakerchick.com/2012/01/muffin-tin-chicken-pot-pies-part-2/

Man, those look delishious, nice job! 

On 10/31/2016 at 1:27 AM, Nappi said:

Third time posting a pan pizza here, but the first proper one, I feel. I just wanted to say that this recipe rocks! Thanks for sharing!

Now off to the root vegetable thing...

As someone from Chicago I have eaten my fair share (or more) of pizza, you totally nailed it! I love the serious eats pizza sauce! 

I have been summoned to provide the next Cook Club theme~ 

The next theme will be Eat Your Name: 

each letter of your name (first or last or middle or username or nickname or short version of your name) shares the first letter of an ingredient. make something of that.

So for example, Jake could be:  jalapenos, allspice, kale, edam cheese.   
and the dish has to include those 4 things, but can also include other ingredients. 

28 minutes ago, YoThatLimp said:

J ust

E at

F ast

F ood

Going to think on this one. 

3 hours ago, SuperBiasedMan said:

Jelly, eggs, falafel and farts. Obviously.

I get stuck on G, for Gary. But I'll figure it out.

Goat Milk/Cheese

Gorgonzola

Goiter Juice

Man, I love my Anova , I upgraded from an electric roaster + temp controller and its so much nicer to cook with. 

What did everyone make for Thanksgiving? I made bread, cornbread stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, normal stuffing, and green bean casserole (all pictured below, with mashed potatoes made by a friend) plus cranberry sauce and spicy cranberry sauce and gravy (not pictured) and apple pie and blueberry pie (not pictured). It was all delicious and I'm still eating leftovers. All vegan, too!

EZfgDCD.jpg

Parmesan Cheese

Eggs

Tomato

Eggplant

Ricotta

Zuchinni

(also onions garlic herbs and breadcrumbs)

mynameasfood.jpg

I realized posting my meal plan for the week here might be nice, I will give it a try anyway:

Last night I made penne arrabbiata with the addition of carrots and kidney beans. Also used whole wheat pasta. Turned out really well.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/02/penne-pasta-arrabbiata-sauce-recipe.html

In the oven at the moment I have brown butter cornbread I added mushrooms, poblano peppers and black beans, also used whole wheat flour. 

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/moist-and-tender-brown-butter-cornbread-recipe.html

Probably tomorrow I will make spicy, peanut buttery Thai carrot noodles I found that a double batch is good for four meals, so that's what I will do.
https://food52.com/recipes/60898-spicy-thai-carrot-noodles

Breakfast this week is ricotta and berries. I'm doing strawberries and blackberries with this one.

http://www.joybauer.com/healthy-recipes/sweetened-ricotta-cream-with-berries/

Hey all! Last time I was a *terrible human* and prompted for healthy food, so guess what, we're doing it again!

The theme is Rabbit Food, with a preferred emphasis on salads, but really as long as it's a veggie-focused dish, chase your dreams.

The rules! Your salad should have *at least* three veggies in it, and the focal point of the dish should be non-meat/meat substitute. Pasta and rice salads are 100% okay by me, especially since one of my personal go-tos in the summer (which it is not) is an orzo salad.

GO NUTS (note: walnuts are a great salad topper)

Here was my rabbit food adventure. I'll do more next week!

Speaking of rabbit food, I think one reason people don't want to go vegan is that it's hard for them to think of what sorts of stuff they'd eat, so a little while back I started taking pictures of much of my food whenever I cooked it. Some foods:

L6myb2d.jpg

Fish-fragrant eggplant (one of my favorite foods)

ECqWYxI.jpg

Chinese potato salad

sADtJ2O.jpg

Maple-glazed donuts

BUNrExV.jpg

Red wine and mushroom risotto

iM0Zkqw.jpg

Sourdough bread

DFi7qc4.jpg

Sri Lankan lentil dal

xe4FsuH.jpg

Spicy chickpeas

YSKgPoX.jpg

Gowa mallum / Sri Lankan cabbage and coconut curry

cVp2uL3.jpg

Sri Lankan leek curry

jfRQKi5.jpg

Gan bian si ji dou / Sichuan dry-fried green beans, and spicy Chinese eggplant

ELj8fnW.jpg

Breakfast potatoes with turmeric

AHPjeh7.jpg

Lentil shepherd's pie

P3i4Uy9.jpg

French fries

Ka6Q3Mh.jpg

Kung pao cauliflower

UFzZSif.jpg

Chinese cabbage stir fry

3wo915I.jpg

Punjabi chole masala

@TychoCelchuuu what on earth is the flour/starter on that bread, dang it looks light & fluffy, never managed that on my own sourdoughs. Not whole-wheat I'm guessing?

My best effort:

FOXpeDx.jpg