Sign in to follow this  
JimmyTheFish

Soon...

I never played Counterstrike. Is it any good?

Yes! The most successful online game EVER! Everquest eat your heart out.

I never played Counterstrike. Is it any good?

The action is fixed/locked to 'Last man standing'. I totally hate that play mode, cause it makes chicken-shits thrive in that condition :frusty: , and normal players of course too. I suck at CS and just dont like the game mode, you may think otherwise. I love games where you have objective modes and where you also respawn every 30 seconds, and can revive your teammates. It's a missery that gamespot hasnt even made a score to such a game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, cause the developers "Splash Damage" and "Nerve" has done some serious over the top polish on the multiplayer mode.

The action is fixed/locked to 'Last man standing'. I totally hate that play mode, cause it makes chicken-shits thrive in that condition

See, it's always like that initially. Once you lose the "running into a hail of gunfire without a second thought" play style that you've become so used to thanks to years of Quake and Unreal Tournament and start playing more tactically (yes, usually by cowering in a corner for half the round) it becomes more fun. Really.

Incidentally, I'm still absolutely terrible at CS, but at least I appreciate it more than I used to.

Incidentally, I'm still absolutely terrible at CS, but at least I appreciate it more than I used to.

I agree with Huz.

:yep:

I agree with Huz.

:yep:

That would be Dogman for our readers not hailing from the incestuous internet adventure community (all three of you). (Also I agree.)

Damn Steam has pre-loaded it for me. I have no interest in it. Now there's already 3GB of HL2 stuff on my hard-drive. Every day I hope I can finally buy it and start playing :)

You all should shut up and play PlanetSide.

You want tactics? Try organising the capture of an enemy base or even a whole freaking continent.

You want to respawn and revive team mates? You can!

PlanetSide has it all, honestly the game rocks like a crazy nanny

You all should shut up and play PlanetSide.

Paying a monthly fee for a shooter is so beyond retarded that I will laugh at you for even suggesting it. You should shut up and try Melwood. Or maybe you are a Rockafeller. Why not use some of your massive ammounts of disposable income to finance S&M2 instead of paying 15 bones a month to get called a cock fuckering shit cock with (gasp) 128 people? Now I get called a cock fuckering shit cock for a one time price and that suits me fine.

Monthly fees for games = suck.

Monthly fee for planetside = worth it.

Nick is entirely correct, although he omitted to mention that the combat is a little imprecise and spam-happy, but my god, it's amazing. 128 people? no. I'm not familiar with the exact numbers, but there are two servers for the US (east and west coast) and one for europe. That's 1. One. For Europe. With one instance of the (multicontinental) game world running. 128 people is a /skirmish/, epic battles can have many more than that, in various tanks, bikes, bombers, dropships, attack fighters and now.. by god.. fucking mechs.

you do need to play in a team though - although seeing as the whole game is structured around this, it isn't that hard to find people to fight with. you and your mates hotdropping from a galaxy at the back door of a heavily defended tech plant kilometres behind enemy lines, to take out their generator and help your side win an entire continent?

= fun. :woohoo:

I can't afford to pay monthly for a FPS. Totally retarded. If you dig it, thats your thing, but to me, thats a fucking waste.

But you would shell out for an MMO, is that what you're saying? Isn't that just a load of nonsense? What matters is how much fun you have with it, not how deep the gameplay is or something. Genre shouldn't matter here.

No, I wouldn't, but I understand why some people would. There is the whole "big wide world where you can do anything" social appeal to other MMOs. Not my thing, but neither is paying a monthly fee for something I can get from Battlefield.