Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The End of Mad Men: Welcome

The End of Mad Men 0:

679__header.jpg

Welcome
We're getting in on Mad Men on the penthouse floor, following along for its final seven-episode conclusion. As big fans of the show, we're looking forward to sending it off with reactions and discussion every week. Join us, starting with this brief introduction to the podcast.

Yes, it seemed like a good idea for all of us to take on a third weekly podcast, so here it is. The first of the last episodes of Mad Men start tomorrow (Sunday)! If you have anything you want to write in about it or anything else Mad Men, write us at [email protected].

This is exciting!

I remember you talking about doing a Mad Men podcast on Twin Peaks Rewatch, I'm happy to know it's happening!

They talked about the finale of the first half (Season 7 Episode 7) in the end of Idle Thumbs 160.

(and that conversation has me really excited for this cast)

Neat!

I find it very difficult to talk about Mad Men in text. It can be both very subtle and very obvious at the same time, so I never know how much of which of those parts to talk about. But I'll certainly listen in.

Its hard to say what I want from the end of the show. I'd say that plot ranks about 4th in what Mad Men is about*, so I kind of don't care what happens to who, except in the way you worry about old friends who you dont really talk to when they post bad news on Facebook. But I'm very intruiged to see what Weiner ends the story on, as I think that will indicate his views on the legacy of the time period on modern society.

* Acting, Writing, and Themes all take precedence.

I started watching Mad Men a few weeks ago, binged up to season 4 episode 10 so far. Looking forward to the podcast and hoping I can catch up in time for the finale!