Yep that's the one!

Could just be that EN often means English, so they went with ED to avoid confusion.

Lady Squirrel's theory (as a Japanese linguist) is because the 'n' in Ending isn't a stressed syllable, whilst the D is. Same with OPening. Also it's hard for japanese people to say 'N' on it's own, as Japanese is sylabic. If that makes sense.

Also 'English' in Japan is usually represented by the first kanji of 'eigo', apparently.

Hmm, I knew all that, but I always assumed OP/ED were English in origin (and were sort of... weeaboo'd), not Japanese, so I guess I was thinking about it from the wrong angle. I never bothered to investigate 'cause I don't care all that much!!

1h 0min & 36 sec, goddamit twig

i was there watching the clock tick up as i was finishing the edit thinking,"oh wow, it's gonna be under 1hr" but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we could have that could we. Anyways editing done but I'm gonna listen through tomorrow morning & will post it to gorm to upload in the uk morning

edit sorry its a little late bu8t the morale of this story is remember if you have work to do there's no such thing as one pint with your friends on a sunny sunday

1h 0min & 36 sec, goddamit twig

Wait, it's Twig's fault? I'm totally onboard for blaming Twig, but give me a reason so we can keep our stories straight.

Wait, it's Twig's fault? I'm totally onboard for blaming Twig, but give me a reason so we can keep our stories straight.

a unrepentant "but wait one more thing!" at 58mins & 26 secs is the cause of my ire

Greetings everyone! The second episode will be out soon. U:

Also we're scheduling the next episode, which will primarily be about Time of Eve! Here's the scheduling doohicky doodle: http://doodle.com/paitkuxtek4x52ae

Oh man, Dragon Ball Z! Movie 8 (the first Broly movie) is the best movie by far. If you must see any of them, watch that one. The rest mostly suck.

I always hear people say that the show should have ended at the end of the Frieza saga but in my opinion, the story arc in The Cell Games is the strongest in the series. It's not perfect and the stuff leading up to it is kind of nonsensical and full of holes but damn I enjoy the hell out of it every time I re-watch.

I always hear people say that the show should have ended at the end of the Frieza saga but in my opinion, the story arc in The Cell Games is the strongest in the series. It's not perfect and the stuff leading up to it is kind of nonsensical and full of holes but damn I enjoy the hell out of it every time I re-watch.

The only bit of knowledge I know about DBZ is that Toriyama intended the series to end after the Frieza arc, but due to the insane popularity of the series, he was forced to knock out another arc.

Hooray! Please include a name -> handle list in the show notes!

The only bit of knowledge I know about DBZ is that Toriyama intended the series to end after the Frieza arc, but due to the insane popularity of the series, he was forced to knock out another arc.

Are you telling me that there are only TWO arcs in the whole show!?

I've heard the same thing about the Cell saga, though.

Anyway he's back for Super so hold onto your hats, folks!

Anyway he's back for Super so hold onto your hats, folks!

Wait, Cell is? That sounds kind of dumb and uninspired. Given how Dragon Ball Z got super heavy into absorptions and fusions later on in the series, I imagine Super will be little more than everybody fusing into everybody else and bad guys absorbing other bad guys and then transforming and absorbing some more and ChiChi will fuse with Goku to make GoChi and Ox King will fuse with Chiaotzu to make OxChiao. By the end, all of the good guys will have fused into some terrifying mutant blob and all of the bad guys will have absorbed each other to the point where they are just one giant cake monster that turns everyone into frosting.

This may sound ridiculous but watch the Buu saga. It's the logical next step from there.

No, Akira Toriyama is.

WHAT!?!?

Not sure how true it is (as Twig said, he heard similar thing with Cell) but I think Freeza arc wrapping up dragonball makes a whole lot of sense because it comes to a complete circle as to Goku's origin and his pseudo destiny and whatnot.

Or maybe he wanted to end with Freeza, then again wanted to end with Cell.

Going to do that right after this 3MA about HoI4~~~ <3

Oh man, I'm already there. So far, it's a pretty good teardown.