Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Who Wants To Help Tegan Out?

So as some of you likely know, I'm currently in a kind of lousy-ish situation: I'm living in Moncton with no job and no jobs have been popping up that I'm qualified for. Virtually everything entry-level is biilingual-only, requires heavy lifting that I can't do, or is a call center job (and my last call center job was a huge disaster that not only made me miserable, but ended up putting me into debt faster than I could make money). So after deliberating on it for a long time, I've decided to finally take the plunge and move out of New Brunswick, to Halifax. I've been making good, but inconsistent money taking commissions, but I want a "real" job to supplement that with a more stable income. Halifax is a much nicer, bigger city with much fewer bilingual requirements, more varied entry-level jobs, and a higher minimum wage.

I really want this, but moving is expensive, I don't have much to my name, and my only friend in Moncton who can help me move is going to be moving to Germany in May. I'm currently seeing what the government can do to help me financially, but time is of the essence. This isn't the first time I've asked you guys for money and I hate doing it every time, but I'm willing to offer compensation in the form of artwork if anyone wants to take advantage of the offer and is willing to wait a little due to moving time and the queue (though, naturally, just straight-up donations are also very much appreciated). Hopefully you guys can help me make the best of an increasingly desperate situation.

Paypal is teganrobichaud at gmail or letsdrawvideo games at gmail for commissions (remember to specify that you won't need anything shipped since it's my drawings are digital goods). The account was set up by a relative so it won't show my name, but I assure you it goes to me.

I've been thinking about it actually. I'd like to use Patreon to fund ongoing comics, but I dunno if I'd make any money and I'm not sure what kind of risks Patreon involves.

Also, in case anyone missed it in the Life thread, I think I found a job in Halifax! All I need is to nail down a place to live and come up with the funds to move and make my first payments on it (deposit and rent).

I'd patronize you, but yeah, I don't know the details of how it actually works.

I got a little more than I was expecting from my tax refund, which means it's time for me to spend it foolishly until I'm back to starvation wages. By the end of the month, I'll have something to put in, especially if you remind me, Tegan. Knowing me, I'll just ask you to surprise me with something Eva-related.

So an update to this: I never found a place to live in Halifax that would let me move in without a job, and I never found a job in Halifax that would give me an interview if I didn't live there. I've been applying for places in Moncton, but I'm not qualified for anything: I'm not bilingual, I don't have a car, I can't lift 50 pounds, etc. I've applied for everything that I do qualify for, but haven't even gotten a single callback. On top of that, I didn't get even a single commission last month. I'm getting whatever I think I can from the government, but right now, I can't even make rent. If anyone wants to commission me, or just wants to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also: if you've commissioned me and haven't received anything, let me know. I lost track of my commissions while looking for work, so I have no idea if I've missed anyone. I got quite a few people who made requests but then never paid me, I put a bunch of digital things on the backburner because my computer's slowly dying and just can't handle digital artwork anymore. I don't know what to do for those instances. I can try to refund you if I have enough money on-hand, or just try to get to your request at a later date if you don't mind me waiting until I can afford to get new PC parts.

Also: if you've commissioned me and haven't received anything, let me know. I lost track of my commissions while looking for work, so I have no idea if I've missed anyone. I got quite a few people who made requests but then never paid me, I put a bunch of digital things on the backburner because my computer's slowly dying and just can't handle digital artwork anymore. I don't know what to do for those instances. I can try to refund you if I have enough money on-hand, or just try to get to your request at a later date if you don't mind me waiting until I can afford to get new PC parts.

I sent some money and asked for some Eva fanart whenever you had the time. If you don't, that's okay, too!