Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Nothing is more retarded than the "pre-order" system in gaming retail.

That's retarded. They should simply hire people who actually care.

[edit]: dammit! *switches on SarcasmPlus Detector DeLuxe. O-Tron.*

I've actually read the official Electronics Boutique customer service manual, and they do in fact inform their employees about 11 year old graphics adventure games and the cancellations of their doomed sequels, and to mention these things to customers at every opportunity.

Please, Chris, if you're being sarcastic, then at least tell me what I've done wrong as well. I'm not saying that all EB-emplyes are stupid, or that everyone who's nice are incompetent, and if what I've said can be interpreted that way, I'm sorry. I just want to say that if you act as if you care, then you should at least care a little.

I force the EB people to open all the boxes I buy from them and check if everything is inside. New games as well as used.

Please, Chris, if you're being sarcastic, then at least tell me what I've done wrong as well. I'm not saying that all EB-emplyes are stupid, or that everyone who's nice are incompetent, and if what I've said can be interpreted that way, I'm sorry. I just want to say that if you act as if you care, then you should at least care a little.

Like I said earlier, I think you're just being too hard on the guys. He sees you picking up the game, he's making a comment that relates, and it's a comment that honestly is not the type of thing your average retail register monkey would know. I'm just saying it wouldn't really bother me that he has some sort of knowledge of adventure games and was trying to have some kind of conversation. After all, bringing up cancelled sequels couldn't possibly help the store sell more games.

I'm not specifically bothered by the fact that he informed me about the cancellation, but more of the fact that "OMG, I have to say something, oh, I know, wasn't the sequel cancelled recently?". He might just as well have said "Oh, good choice Mister!" when I bought any other game. It's the attitude, not this specific case, that bothers me.

You should frame him for something that will get him fired. Ah, sweet revenge. I wish I had something to revenge.

I force the EB people to open all the boxes I buy from them and check if everything is inside. New games as well as used.

That's a good idea. I got used Tron 2.0 from EB games a couple months back and one of the discs was missing.

I've actually read the official Electronics Boutique customer service manual,

Hahahaha, I just cried laughing over this, before I read the rest of the sentence and realized it was sarcasm.

Anyway,

Don't go too hard on the salespeople, they're only doing their job.

Gamespot agrees with me! ... kind of.

Regardless, that's an interesting news writeup about retailers stocking next to 0 copies of Katamari Damacy and how their shortsightedness and pre-ordering nature is possibly damaging the success of the game.