Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

Idle Thumbs Episode Skipping

I'm just wondering whether anyone else is having the same problem I am with Idle Thumbs episodes at the moment. I use the iOS Podcasts app, but I don't know whether the same problem wouldn't occur with other clients. Basically, sometimes with Idle Thumbs (and only Idle Thumbs) the episode currently playing will suddenly skip to the next episode of the podcast. This can happen at any time and with any frequency and I haven't noticed any particular pattern. I then have to manually go back to the episode I was listening to before, although it does resume fine from there.

Anyone else having this issue, or have any idea what might be causing it?

You can skip all of them. Terrible podca.... Oh that isn't what this thread is about :)

I use the iPhone podcast app. Haven't experienced the problem you're mentioning :-/ I hate the app, but I don't know of a better alternative

Not sure if they're still doing it but the episodes were getting uploaded to soundcloud, you could use the soundcloud app (but you lose the 15sec forward/back buttons)

I use Instacast on iOS, and haven't had any trouble with it. It's not free, though.

I use the iPhone podcast app. Haven't experienced the problem you're mentioning :-/ I hate the app, but I don't know of a better alternative

Downcast and Overcast are both infinitely better apps for podcasts on iOS.

Downcast and Overcast are both infinitely better apps for podcasts on iOS.

Thanks! I have been using Instacast since I got an iphone, and I was trying to figure out which sort-of podcast related thread to ask this question. Do you have a winner out of those two or a reason to pick each over the other?

I've been using Downcast forever, and I'm just trying out Overcast. Overcast is nice, and I like its higher-speed functionality more (it deletes silence from gaps in speech, rather than speeding up the audio overall). But it doesn't support password-protected podcasts, which I need for one podcast (Never Not Funny).

I use Overcast and even pay for it, but honestly after doing so I still think you get a better experience from Downcast for free. The UI isn't as slick, but it's got all the features you could want(with the most important being streaming) and feels 90% as good as Overcast.

I kept thinking there had to be something about Overcast I was missing, but at this point I'm pretty well convinced most of those who advocate for it so strongly just haven't given Downcast a try.

The app store is telling me Downcast is $3 flat and Overcast is limited free and then $5 overall. I don't see a free up front option to try Downcast, although I do listen to Giant Bomb premium podcasts that require password access.

I've experienced that with Apple's podcast app. It is quite possibly the biggest piece of garbage I have ever downloaded for my iphone.

Downcast is a pretty solid player. I'd say it's well worth $3.

I bought Instacast, I'm happy to drop the money on an app I use literally hours a day. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with a free to try option.