Sign in to follow this  
Bc9b

Why must apple torment me so?

http://www.apple.com/imac/

It's so... perfect! All that crap stufed into this little tiny box with no real skimping anywhere. There must be a catch, like headphone jack that you can beak with your fingernail or something! Arggggg!

There must be a catch, like headphone jack that you can beak with your fingernail or something! Arggggg!

My iPod has one of those.

My favourite pastime when sitting before a new mac is to press the eject button and be fascinated by the way the cd tray decides to pop out. A $1300 parlor trick! Yay!

That's not a catch, dammit. It's not like Apple says "ULTIMATE CUSTOMIZIBLE PC!!"

They in fact say the opposite. Those PC's aren't at all targeted at people who want to ever look inside, except maybe to add some more RAM. That's in fact the point of it all - the parts inside an iMac are exactly the parts Apple, and by extension MacOS X, expect to be there - so, in theory, it won't randomly fuck up. You don't have to worry about any of it.

Hah, yeah, I never thought of it like that. PCs should be built more like consoles and Macs, dammit.

Hah, yeah, I never thought of it like that. PCs should be built more like consoles and Macs, dammit.

Heh erm yes that's the entire point of the company making both the operating system and the hardware configs.

(That's one of the reasons the idea of Mac clones didn't work out so well. That and they were stealing profit from the already strapped-for-cash Apple)

The real catch, for my money, is that you'll have to pay for another monitor when you want a better iMac. I suppose they'll get cheap enough to the point where it won't really matter soon enough, though.

Fat chance!

Apple hardware is forever overpriced. You're paying for the privilege of running their (overrated) OS.