Gwardinen

World of Warcraft

I'm getting bored of it again. I'm going to stick around for raiding (which is good fun!), but the rest has lost it's sheen.

Still, best expansion in a long time!

I'm getting bored of it again. I'm going to stick around for raiding (which is good fun!), but the rest has lost it's sheen.

Still, best expansion in a long time!

Yeah. It feels like now people are hitting the limits of the solo content that shipped with the game pretty strongly.

As to raiding it feels like blizzard have got far better at teaching people content than they have previously. The guild i help run has ended up with several people with very little/no raid experience but they have slotted in pretty well. I do wander however how they will cope when we hit mythic and a single mistake results in a raid wipe and dying 100's of times to kill a boss becomes the norm.

I'm not sure there is anything you can do to prepare people for that sort of thing mentally so we shall see how well they hold up.

What classes are people playing btw? I've been running as Enhancement Shaman (since this is what i played in TBC and this whole expansion is a big old nostalgia trip for me), and so far it feels very well balanced in solo and 5man content but with some severe problems in raid groups due to the unintuitive and frankly boring actions needed to play the class optimally. 

I have a healer/tank monk. I play both pretty regular in raids depending on who has turned up.

Most of the dps rotations just boil down to priority lists now - keep your buffs/debuffs up and then wait for procs. Getting your DPS high is a matter of (well, picking the right class and) getting your priority list right. I enjoy tanking and healing more as you get to react a lot more to what is happening to the group as a whole.

As for mythic raids, i'm not sure my guild will be trying them. our heroic group runs as a pruned group of around 10-15. Our raiding group is probably around 40 people, with up to 25 running our normal night. We are up to 6/7 on both normal and heroic, but i'm not sure if we have the 20 players in the guild who will be able to take on mythic untill we outgear it a fair bit.

I am quite honestly shocked at how much I've enjoyed this run around. Usually I just sub for one month per expansion but I'm probably going to add at least one more this time. The heroics have been interesting (train robbery!), the followers/garrison dynamic has been pretty compelling and the aesthetics are wonderful. I didn't realise how much I'd missed the Arrakoa until they showed up again.

It was a really good expansion, but three months was enough for me:) Far more fun than either of the last two.

I did a month and I'm intending to go back for another month once I have slightly more time on my hands. WoW is the only game I can really consider subscribing to at this point, and even then I'm usually a one month per expansion guy as well. Warlords of Draenor has just exceeded my expectations.

So is anyone still playing WoW at this point?

Last time I played was during Cata - Killed Deathwing a few times with the guild I'd been in since the end of Vanilla, and then things turned sour so I quit. 2.5 years later, I got drawn back into the game because a few former guilds decided to return.

I've now completely fallen down the WoW rabbit-hole, which is something I never thought I'd do again.

Blizzard have really worked on the story-telling and single player experience in the game. Leveling 90 to 100 was fun (I've already levelled 3 toons to 100). After that though, I'm a bit indifferent about the general content at level 100. It's awesome that the expansion isn't mass daily quests, but at the same time, there's not much to do. It's not so bad for myself, as I'm slightly obsessive about stuff like mount & pet collecting.

Raid content - Highmaul was pretty dull. There was nothing special in there and it wasn't a very interesting place. Blackrock Foundary - my guild's been there twice but it seems like a really good raid instance so far. Feels like a "proper" raid (more like something from TBC-era). We'll see how it goes though.

Oh, and if you're interesting, I play an Elemental Shaman. We all know that Shaman are the best.

So is anyone still playing WoW at this point?

The page of posts preceding yours does appear to indicate so, yes.

I've only got my rogue to 100 so far, turns out I hate the mage leveling experience which means I wasted my boost-to-90. Catching up with my warrior, monk and priest though. My time's been spent checking out Highmaul via LFR (pretty interesting given that I've only ever raided Zul'Gurub before at 60), doing inscription auctioneering, checking out all the heroics and noodling around on alts.

I really like it, but I think I might let my sub run out and see if I miss it. I kind of hit a weird gear break point where I'm not in a standard raiding group so I need to put myself out there to dedicate time to improving gear without a group to build around. When I think about a game I've put too much time into but want to play at the moment, it's League of Legends instead of WoW.

I actually have been, but on the EU servers. Dunno whether anyone else is playing there.