N1njaSquirrel

Dual audio in Games (The Weaboo's Lament)

The way every funimation dub sounds the same is incredibly irksome. It doesn't matter if the voice actor is wildly inappropriate for the role, they have that select group of actors and they will stick with them.

The way every funimation dub sounds the same is incredibly irksome. It doesn't matter if the voice actor is wildly inappropriate for the role, they have that select group of actors and they will stick with them.

Funimation's business model involves translating and dubbing anime as cheap as possible. They operate in a cheap city, and they hire non-union voice actors and there's only a few who'll put up with their shit.

I don't know, it sounds like Funimation's business model involves translating and dubbing anime as cheap as possible. They operate in a cheap city, and they hire non-union voice actors and there's only a few who'll put up with their shit.

BenX's business model involves quoting and reposting posts as cheap as possible. He operates in a cheap city, and he hires non-union post writers and there's only a few who'll put up with his shit.

The Summer Wars and FMA dubs were pretty good.

I think the biggest frustration I ever had concerning a language barrier in games was in the original Wii version of Muramasa. All of the spoken Japanese was translated into dialogue boxes, but rather than a proper translation, it was always just the general gist of whatever the character was saying. Spoken dialogue could continue for a minute or more while the translation showed only a single sentence, and it infuriated me that I was very obviously missing most of what was being said. The Vita version has a new translation, but I don't know if it's actually more accurate to the original script or not.