Sign in to follow this  
kaputt

Relaxing games recommendations

I strongly recommend The Deer God. Very chilled out, very pretty game where you run a long being a deer.

This might sound strange but I use Pro Evo 2016 for this. I just bang on an exhibition match, use Bayern Munich set up the way I like them and play several games in a row while catching up on podcasts. I'm so good at the game now I win 90% of the time and even when I don't I'm completely zen. Great way to blow off steam.

I just started playing a puzzle game called Mini Metro (got it from the humble eye candy bundle) and it seems relaxing in a strange sort of way (although if you're really big into super optimising things it'll probably just stress you out even more)

PinballFX is oddly relaxing for me. I guess because the stakes are so low and if I'm not doing well on a table, I can just switch to a different one and have fun with that instead. Real pinball is the exact opposite though, as much as I love it.

I use Trackmania/Trackmania 2 for relaxation sometimes.  Not directly competing in races.  There's a subset of user created tracks called "Press Forward" tracks where through clever environmental object placement and track construction, the only thing you have to do is accelerate constantly to ping pong successfully through a level.  There's a nice mix to me of admiring the scenery rushing past without having to react, and delighting in the clever ways the designers manage to flip and tip you around.  Sort of like watching someone solve a really elegant math problem, or something.

By way of example:

That sounds way better than what I remember the majority of Trackmania custom tracks being, where you had to have a perfect run through a level or else you miss a ramp in a 8 minute long track and have to start everything over.

Minecraft or Factorio are my go to games for relaxation. I like low-risk creativity based games.

I'll third the Endless Ocean and Euro Truck suggestions.

Euro Truck is on sale this weekend on Steam, and I just bought it. Can fourth the suggestion of this as a relaxing game - I'm feeling super-chilled right now. The only problem is that it makes me want to go and spend a load on petrol money on a real-life long drive...