melmer

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

I know, don't worry :)

If I'd bought it maybe I would have struggled through a bit longer, but as I only had a limited time with it... But yeah, my tolerances with certain stuff can be pretty low, although having said that I didn't have these issues with Assassins Creed 2 or Arkham Asylum, for example.

It's interesting which of these games will suit whom - I never managed to get into AssCreed, and only the first Batman game held my interest, but Mordor was just what the doctor ordered. Something about messing with the nemesis system and orcish hierarchy made the world feel much more alive and interesting than the creedlikes.

I really dug the combat in the Arkham games.  I agree they're complicated but you never need to use the vast majority of the available moves.  I'm the kind of person who likes to string together as much variety in a combo as I can so I made it a point to learn and use them all and as a result I really enjoyed throwing every gadget in Batman's belt.

Shadow of Mordor's combat at its core is very similar so my familiarity with the Arkham system made the transition to Mordor almost seamless.  That said, with the addition on the Nemesis system and the corresponding strengths/weaknesses there's certainly more incentive to utilize the various combat moves and combos.  I personally never found it overwhelming but it might just be it slots into my personality very well.  I felt the complexity made the combat more interesting because I've played enough beat-em-up's in my life that I want something besides "X, X, X".

I bought and beat this game because of the trailer for the new one. I liked this game. The story was whatever generic blah blah, I've never been a LOTR guy. It was a remarkably bland and formulaic game, but it was also very satisfying to hunt down orcs and turn them against each other.

I forgot there was DLC before I uninstalled it. I'm not all that interested in it, though.

re: current conversation, i thought the game was a breeze, and only ever died due to overconfidence... i'm (brag) sorta pretty good (brag) at most video (brag) games (brag), though, and often find games easy (brag). not trying to (brag) brag, but i often feel at odds with people who think games are harder than i do so i figure i'm abnormal?

You should try the (effectively) Monster Hunter DLC. There are a lot more trolls to try and take out.

Nah I'm done with the game. I got other games to play. Prolly gonna go Wolfenstein next since I never played that!!