clyde

Conspiracy; Open your eyes sheeple

I figure it's similar to that weird robot arms race between big tech companies in that it's likely inspired by a combination of 1) people betting on there being some profitable future use for these technologies because they are just sooo futuristic and 2) rich as fuck entrepreneurs, engineers and venture capitalists being bored and wanting new expensive toys to play with/ever more expensive levels of luxury to assert their status opposite poorer classes.

Robots makes sense to me. The idea of a general purpose psuedo android that is easily trainable to do repeatitive tasks priced under the annual salary of two workers seems feasible. I can see where the profit is there, you are basically skimming off heavily discounted labor-costs. Space-rockets don't seem at all profitable to me. Maybe I read it wrong, but I think it said Google invested $900 million for 1.7% of SpaceX(?). Admittedly, I know nothing about this stuff, but I have a hard time believing that there is a good margin available for investors just based on promises of "space-tourism". It's suspicious.

Edit: nevermind, I can smell the money now:

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/google-spacex-investment/

I was reading articles that didn't mention plans to internet the planet.

I don't know, maybe folk are just playing a super long game here. Like, Google's bid to control all information in the world was pretty far-reaching initially but they're getting scarily close by now. Maybe in 20 years they just own all of space and we're like "fuck, how did that happen?"

It's a bunch of rich guys who realized they are never going to be James Bond, and so have decided to be a super villain instead. 

Remember that scene at the end of Dr. Strangelove when, after it's clear the missiles will fly, the conversation immediately shifts to how they (as in the generals on the War Room) could survive or even thrive in well equipped mineshafts?

Climate change is the last credible threat to the main beneficiaries of global capitalism; either we do nothing and the economy as we know it collapses, or we take the radical action necessary to prevent it (if that's even possible) which would be equally as disruptive to the status quo. However, for the super rich and powerful, there's a third option: decouple global capitalism from the globe and the suckers who have to live there.

Isn't it interesting how, when it was clear we were reaching the tipping point, there was a whole lot of money being thrown at in private space travel, robots, radical free trade agreements approaching corporate statehood status and life extension.

Remember that scene at the end of Dr. Strangelove when, after it's clear the missiles will fly, the conversation immediately shifts to how they (as in the generals on the War Room) could survive or even thrive in well equipped mineshafts?

Climate change is the last credible threat to the main beneficiaries of global capitalism; either we do nothing and the economy as we know it collapses, or we take the radical action necessary to prevent it (if that's even possible) which would be equally as disruptive to the status quo. However, for the super rich and powerful, there's a third option: decouple global capitalism from the globe and the suckers who have to live there.

Isn't it interesting how, when it was clear we were reaching the tipping point, there was a whole lot of money being thrown at in private space travel, robots, radical free trade agreements approaching corporate statehood status and life extension.

The Daily Show had an exposé on the coming super rich's move to Mars.

Ooh look, banks are now creating their own alternative to money that isn't tied to notoriously earthbound nation states: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/us-banks-blockchain-idUSKCN0RF24M20150915

I wonder if Blythe "Credit Default Swap Whoops the economy crashed" Masters is even a real person and not a sardonically named hologram. 

http://harddawn.com/leonard-nimoy-seize-control-of-illuminati/

Conspiracy theorists ask the hard hitting questions the rest of us are ignoring -- like did Leonard Nimoy fake his own death so he could seize control of the illuminati?

This is the dumbest conspiracy theory I've seen in a while. I also have a hard time telling if conspiracy theory sites are jokes or not, so this might just be a joke???

this is my new favorite "onion" website, thank you

this is my new favorite "onion" website, thank you

I have to think its fake after reading some other articles. It reads like a clever parody of people like Steve Quayle and David Eick. If its not a parody than its absurdity taken to a level near azimuth.

i still don't know why it exists

why is it a thing

i am still so confused

My guess (that may be wrong given Poe's Law or whatever), is that it's meant to be a parody of some very fringe conspiracy sites done by someone who has spent a lot of time reading some of the stranger or more absurd and somewhat offensive conspiracy stuff. It looks like its taking those views and just running with them to the most absurd conclusions, but some of the articles seem so close to other sincere things on the internet so it could be sincere and it just sits close to peak absurdity.

It does seem to be a parody though...the articles on KISS and the draining the oceans bits seem to be really obvious satire/parody to me.

I don't really find if funny if its satire even though it does seem to really nail its subject if it is that.