Tanukitsune

Shantae HD Kickstarter!

I think in the case of games like this, getting funding from things like Kickstarter is also a way of gauging the demand for this kind of thing.  If you get funded right away or with an absurd amount of money, it probably means that there's a potential market for the game.  On the other hand, if you get no support, it might mean you just saved a lot of time and money on what would have been a complete failure if you took it to a publisher directly.  Maybe if it's a huge sucess you can get that publisher money to make a sequel.

Also, I too had no idea it was a Metroidvania.  Knowing that, I'm slightly more interested but still not enough to actually back it.

In case anyone missed it, they showed off some new artwork that fixes Shantae's ridiculously pale skin.

jYNuVc0.jpg

I'm really annoyed by the straight line they went for with her genie panties legging holder underwear thing. It's really bothering me that that line is not curved in any way like the other Shantae designs.

Her belly button is way too tall.

And look at those knees! So sharp beneath those bubbly pants. Wow.

Actually I don't really like the straight line either - it was the first thing that jumped out at me, oddly enough - but it's a funny thing to complain about. O: