Coods

Sub Rosa - A game of heists, negotiation and chaos

Introducing this to see if any thumbs would love to engage in the absolute mad fun this game is. 

Sub Rosa is a work in progress indie game made by Bay area developer Cryptic Sea centered around the lethal interactions between 3 crime organizations that all are tasked with collecting either money or different items. The groups all start out with something, and must communicate with other teams (via words or bullets) to obtain their desired item. 

The game is a blast because of the sheer mayhem that occurs when somebody fires a bullet and a tense trade turns into complete city street warfare. Here's video of Shacktac guys playing it:

So, would anybody be down for getting on a Mumble or something an acting not only as lords, but CRIME lords?

When is good for you guys? Right now the game is in .07 mode but I think soon .08 will be released with a new map, so we shouldn't miss out on the current one.

I'm currently on EuroThumb time, I don't know if that is preventative in any way. But this looks like a hilarious game and we should certainly try it out.

Man, here's Blendo Games fan art of Sub Rosa:

BM-h7QFCIAAB_3Q.png

The degrees of separation from Idle Thumbs lowers.

If anybody feels like hopping in, I'll probably be lounging in a server for a couple of hours. 

So I was reading listening* watching stuff about Battlefield 4 having a spectatorial mode and was just like "Yeah well Sub Rosa has that and everything, what makes you so big?"

I haven't actually played any of it yet because I'm still harboring a dream that we will all start playing together at the same time, with only a few non-newbs to lead each crew of heisty hoodlums, the rest of us running and crashing and badly aiming around the Sub Rosa city blocks in a hilariously mad session.

It could be like The Ship except that it actually happens instead of everyone waiting for it to happen, because Sub Rosa is already free and not dependent on the materialization of 1 million regiftable Steam Ships.

(unfortunately I will probably be without good internet for a while and won't be around to participate if everything kicks off in the next week or so)

*The Idle Thumbs Podcast what have you done to my action-verb vocabulary?

So I was reading listening* watching stuff about Battlefield 4 having a spectatorial mode and was just like "Yeah well Sub Rosa has that and everything, what makes you so big?"

I haven't actually played any of it yet because I'm still harboring a dream that we will all start playing together at the same time, with only a few non-newbs to lead each crew of heisty hoodlums, the rest of us running and crashing and badly aiming around the Sub Rosa city blocks in a hilariously mad session.

It could be like The Ship except that it actually happens instead of everyone waiting for it to happen, because Sub Rosa is already free and not dependent on the materialization of 1 million regiftable Steam Ships.

(unfortunately I will probably be without good internet for a while and won't be around to participate if everything kicks off in the next week or so)

*The Idle Thumbs Podcast what have you done to my action-verb vocabulary?

Hopefully it'll be a papers please/cart life deal where eventually the thumbs will get to it.