Sign in to follow this  
pabosher

Trackmania 2: Stadium

So the beta for TM 2: S is now available for all. Anybody up for some races? Add me on Maniaplanet: speedydesiato

Also - A friend of mine and I are looking to go in for the 3- or 5-pack on Steam, reducing the cost of the game. Anybody interested? :)

I have already purchased, so can't go in on the deal, but feel free to add Miffy495. Maybe you should try asking SpeedyDesiato? He seemed like a cool guy. He may be angry you took his name for your maniaplanet ID though.

Never forget.

I'm 'elmuerte' in this new nadeo walled garden. I'm sure if I'm going to pick up any of the trackmania 2 games, I first have to decide if I'm ending my Ubisoft boycott. Does ubisoft still hate PC gaming?

Less than they used to? It helps that the online is such a big part of Trackmania that always being connected actually feels important to the experience.

Does it use UPlay? Steam page doesn't mention in. The online part in the previous TM games wasn't mandatory, it worked without issues. Not being online just meant that online features didn't work.

Eitherway, when I buy any Nadeo game at this point it means I'm sending money to Ubisoft. And I don't want to fund a company that has the idea that PC gamers cheating/pirating assholes who need to suffer as much as possible.

Mania Planet is its own weird niche of insanity. It is much weirder than UPlay by far.

I would recommend Giant Bomb Official and Unofficial Classic as servers to play on if you are Open Beta'ing right now. They're generally full or close to it, have some weird and fun tracks, and are stuffed to the gills with the worst possible dubstep you could imagine, which is wonderful.

if anyone's looking for a server to play custom maps on I volunteer my 40 slot server, 'Multiplay: Carbonated Server' (filter for UK servers)

link dropboxed maps here and I'll upload them to the rotation