Sign in to follow this  
SecretAsianMan

PAX East 2013

I hate to disappoint, but one day I do plan on wearing his skin

Oh you weren't going to make that Nick Breckon plaster cast to turn your firstborn into CollegeBabyBreckon?

Finally back home.  Thanks to all the Thumbs who came to the meetup and a special thanks to Chris for hanging out with us for a bit despite his busy schedule.  It was cool meeting everyone, seeing panels, and handling wein.

From the meetup

koU0Q0Kl.jpg

Playing some Weinhandler after

ForI9YCl.jpg

I'm shit at this game.

Y35wA75l.jpg

That picture does not do justice to how bonkers playing Weinhandler was with all the Thumbs people. Definitely my favorite part of PAX.

Also for the record, Weinhandler is a surprisingly devious game to play (not that I doubted the Thumbs when they plugged it before). There are some mindgames and trickery to be had while playing that game.

It also helps to play with the actual rules instead of making them up as we go.  But hey, that's what practice rounds are for right?

While I really enjoyed hanging out, I think my favorite thing at PAX was an improptu Artemis tournament I happened to see.  It was in the BYOC area so I didn't get to play, but because I had seen videos of other people playing (and knew that the game even existed) I sort of became the local expert, despite never playing it myself.  It was a hilarious thing to watch.  Also, the final round of the Omegathon was amazing as always.  This year it was Spaceteam.  After many, many rounds ending early due to connection issues, the Penny Arcade guys showed how awesome they really are and said "Fuck it, we're sending them all to Germany".  Stuff like that makes me so happy PAX exists.

Being stuck in the EU as I am, if any of you happened to wander by the Riot booth and picked up a skin code for a League of Legends character I should be rather grateful if I coudl get my grubby mitts on it.