Sign in to follow this  
dibs

Bestest PC games with a controller

So I just moved home to my parents house and I don't have a desk for my pc, I do however have a I've big monitor at the end of my bed and an Xbox wireless controller. What games shall I get to play whilst lying in bed and hardening back to the past? I have dark souls and I live it, but I just started a news job and I can't handle the pressure of the constat fear:)

Most multiplatform games will of course support Xbox controller. If you like RPGs and if you haven't done so already, you should check out The Witcher 2. It's an awesome game and should work fine with a controller. Sleeping Dogs was also very enjoyable on PC with a gamepad.

Yeah pretty much any game that is a console port, excepting FPSs of course. Mark of the Ninja just came out on Steam. Awesome game, that, which obviously works great with a controller.

Does the wireless controller actually work with the PC?

I would second Nappi's recommendation of the Witcher 2, I actually played that with a controller despite doing so at my desk. The combat just suits it. Sleeping Dogs I did the same with for the same reason. Dark Souls is more or less unplayable without a controller, I would imagine. Both Darksiders games work best with one from what I've seen, and if you don't have certain UI mods it's also a potentially superior way to play Skyrim.

As has been said, more or less any multiplatform game released in the last couple of years has a strong possibility of having controller support and not sucking with it. Even XCOM!

Yeah pretty much any game that is a console port, excepting FPSs of course. Mark of the Ninja just came out on Steam. Awesome game, that, which obviously works great with a controller.

Awesome news!

Does the wireless controller actually work with the PC?

Yes but not over USB. Wireless 360 controllers are not pinned to carry data over USB. They only use it to charge. You need a wired controller to get control over USB. Otherwise control is ALWAYS moving over wireless. So you need a receiver in order to make it work. MS used to make them but they don't anymore. However some chinese company makes a perfect fake. I think it might be the same exact ODM that made the original product for MS.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1350677038&sr=8-4&keywords=360+wireless

I happen to have one of the official MS ones that where packed into a controller back in like 08-09. I do have a few friends who have the "fake" chinese one and it works flawlessly.

I got mine in feb. MS still sell the dongle and controller as a pair, but not the dongle separately.

Where do I go in dark souls? I currently die in any of the following: gargoyle boss, basement boss, crystal creaturs in forest or the graveyard near the start. Boooo.

The witcher 2 was on my maybe list, I'll check it out.

Ya, the gamers with jobs we raving over the control controls in is com! Deffo a contender.